As you do not get much hotel for your money in Waikiki, the rate I paid was probably just about right for the location.
The hotel exterior is not the most pleasing to the eye, however, once inside, the lobby and other public areas are fine.
Location was ideal and despite full occupancy while we were there, the rooms were quiet as were the external areas.
The room we were allocated was on the 35th floor with a mountain view and despite not being the biggest, they were clean and functional.
I had complimentary internet access, but like most hotel chains in the US, this hotel will charge for it, however, thankfully there are no hidden 'resort fees' which many hotels in the area will add to your rate.
All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly, however, there were some negatives.
The 'Executive Lounge' can hardly be described as such. The majority of hotels lounges I have used are located on the highest floors, usually with panoramic views of the surrounding areas, sadly, the Hilton 'lounge' is below street level and is not the most relaxing of areas.
The food offered in the lounge can at best be described as woeful - I wonder if there is some food supplier in Oahu who has overstocked with meatballs and onion rings and has offered them to the Hilton at a discounted rate!! Repetitive would be an understatement, however, the lounge staff who we spoke to were really friendly.
Although key access allows you to enter at any time, there really isn't much point in using the facility outside of breakfast and 'happy hour' slots. I went in midday and found a forlorn bowl of nuts available with the soft drink dispenser switched off - how mean is that?
If you have lounge access by virtue of loyalty status, then fine, but I would suggest you don't pay for it - which is an available option.
The pool area is also somewhat dreary and seemed unloved. Cheap looking sunbeds are plentiful and there are a few fabric loungers, however, these have seen better days with torn fabric on them making them uninviting.
I would probably stay here again for the location alone - there are some great parks nearby and the zoo is just a short walk away, however, the issues regarding the executive lounge and pool area really need to be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unobstructed Ocean views, just 1 block from Waikiki beach, with 24-hour dining at World Famous M.A.C. 24/7. We're the only Waikiki Hilton with an Executive Lounge. NO resort fees! Located in the heart of Waikiki, this property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu