“Great staff, service, and hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Waikiki Beach

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Brisbane, Australia
“Great staff, service, and hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

One of the best hilton hotels I have been to! The staff are extremely helpful, they put the CUSTOMER in customer service. The pancakes were awesome we ordered them twice and my picky 2 year old son kept asking for more. The location was fabulous too and the view from the 33rd floor was awesome... Call the hotel staff if you have any troubles with the 1800 number...you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

4 Thank Alan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gautier, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed two weeks. One block from the beach and short walk to dining and shops. Bus and tours pick up in front of hotel. Even though the hotel was fully booked, the staff still made you feel special. There is a good restaurant in the hotel that is open 24 hours, which is great until you get over the jet lag. You can get breakfast any time. Warning: the portions are HUGE!!! Enough to share. We got a regular room, not a suite. Rooms were modern and spacious. Ours had a view of Diamond Head. Roof top pool with bar was terrific if you get tired of the amazing beaches. Down side is even though there was a workout room, there was no spa.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Diamond Head are cheaper, but the view is amazing! Especially at night. We saw...
2 Thank JudithS570
Lockhart Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in early August and had a great time.The staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem.Short walk to the beach and dining areas.We booked 3 tours from here which were all great.Would highly recommend

2 Thank philip b
kjtraveler2008
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

There were good and bad at this hotel; unfortunately more bad than good. I am a Hilton Diamonds member and just maybe expect more. I used points for this stay so I don't feel too bad but really not sure I would even use points again to stay here.

I'll start w/ the good. We got upgraded (I travel 70% of the year for work so I do sort of expect to get upgraded seeing as how loyal I am to Hilton). We had a pretty good view albeit we were 2 blocks from the ocean. The room was modern, air worked well. The breakfast for Hilton Honors members was very good and so was the happy hour. Very good selection, much more than a continental breakfast and the happy hour could fill you up.

The bad. Busy street. We were pretty high up and could still hear the murmuring of the traffic below (I guess that is not abnormal for Waikiki unless you stay ocean front). We went to the no frills pool to find that there is major construction in the adjacent building so there was really no way to relax there. The maids sometimes didn't come until past 3pm; we would come back from the beach after leaving early and our room still hadn't been clean. One day we brought some veggies and ranch up from the happy hour and while the maid did come she didn't take the dirty plates...um okay. The property is just a hotel. There are grounds to wonder and if you are on the back side (non beach view) you are going to hear the construction pretty badly.

My card to the room constantly got reactivated. I tried (so hard) to be patient. But on the third go, w/ my hands full of groceries and beach bags, I was definitely annoyed when I got to the front desk. I said, "my key is deactivated again" (yes w/ an emphasis on the again)...the lady at the front desk said, "well at least it's not a hurricane, it could be much worse". So there you have it, how dare I be annoyed I'm on holiday in Hawaii and if something doesn't work there are worse things. I was kind of shocked but hey...lastly on the technology side, the TV just turned off in the middle of a show; we missed the ending but it was fixed within about 15 min....don't think I've ever just have the TV turn off before in a hotel.

The worst was that they didn't regulate the Honors lounge so while even though the food was great, you could never find seating. There were guests next to us that said, "wow, we didn't know their was continental breakfast" and then commeted that it was their first time staying at a hilton. What is the point of earning points and status when 1) everybody gets the same perks and 2) you can't even enjoy the perks due to overcrowding. We had to fight for seats almost every visit.

Oh and the bed was incredibly soft. I'm use to firm so I woke up every day not feeling rested. Most of the time hotel beds are down the middle but this bed just felt like the mattress needed to be replaced- it was awful.

So while this Hilton is fine if your expectations are mediocrity but I've stayed at way nicer Hiltons before. I don't think I would go back...but again it was nothing monumental.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kjtraveler2008
Kaunakakai, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was surprised at how nice the room was- the drawback is that it was pretty small, but everything was clean refreshed and nice. The bed was great and the view was wonderful! Would truly come back again . I have stayed at the Sherton at Waikiki and at Best Westersn and this place is the best

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank deets1162456
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great ocean views, although two blocks from beach. Pool area good but was always windy. Staff excellent. on arrival, really made welcome and all requests were listened to, and great service was given.

1 Thank Wendy D
Norfolk,MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

As the first leg of our Hawaiian Vacation we decided to stay here. We got a great rate on an ocean view room through Expedia, so we were very content upon arrival. We were a little cautious as we had read several reviews that said that the hotel has a tendency to overbook. At first it looked like our fears would be realized. We arrived at about 6:30 PM after a long 10 hour flight and they told us that our room was not ready. The front desk employee then proceeded to shuffle to the back room for about 5 minutes. Fortunately, when she returned she told us that they did have 1 oceanview room available for our 3 nights on the 32nd floor. As an apology for our room not being ready, she credited our account with $100 to grab some food at the hotel. We were satisfied and upon entering the room, we realized the wait was worth it. The room was great, clean, and had fantastic ocean views with balcony (especially from the 32nd floor). As a word of warning: The Balconies are nice to have, but they are not very private and they are not very big (only two people can fit on them). We had a few problems with our toilet (the flushing mechanism was broken), but the staff came right up and worked hard to fix the issue. The location of this hotel is great. It is only one block back from the beach, which honestly is nothing. Not many of the hotels on this side of the strip were right on the beach either. There was not too much in terms of restaurants in the immediate area; however, a few minutes walk and there are tons of places. The majority of the places are one street up and down a few blocks. We walked straight down the street the hotel was on and we only found a few places; however, the next day we realized our mistake when we walked up one street to the beach and then down: This is where the restaurants and shops are. We tried the hotel food on two occasions and found the food itself average, but the service was very good. One last thought: I had read several reviews that said the hotel was way too busy. The hotel was a lot less busy than I thought it would be. Waikiki is busy in general and I thought this hotel was not that busy compared to the rest. Overall, nice rooms and a good location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family