We booked an executive ocean view room for our 7 night stay. We were sent an email after booking offering an upgrade for $40 a night to a one bedroom suite - I don’t recall the exact details but i think it was a wait listed offer. Anyway we took it up and managed to get that upgrade on our arrival.
I liked the location of the hotel. Being a block away from the main strip isn’t really a problem. Perhaps if you are only here a couple of nights it might seem a big deal but if you are here a week you kind of get to like being away from the hustle bustle. The street noise from Kuhio Ave can be a pain, but then I imagine staying at places along the strip and I think that would be more annoying. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
Our suite was a good size, but I don’t really understand why it isn’t set up like a suite. Eg, there is no crockery, glasses etc in the room. Not even a minibar? There is a small fridge in the lounge and a microwave so it could be useful if you want to heat up a pizza or something. But first you'll need to find some plates and cutlery and even glasses to drink out of.
The bedroom had a coffee maker but no kettle so when I was down at reception I asked about a kettle and they were able to send one up to our room straight away. Great, because I am not a coffee drinker and any tea drinker knows you don’t want to use a coffee maker to filter out hot water cause it taints your tea! But again, no cups, just throwaway paper cup things. I really feel these things let it down.
I loved having our small balcony to sit out on in the late afternoon and watch the ocean. It is small, ie, can only fit 2 people on it, and if someone is in the room next door on their balcony no privacy. But I just loved sitting there with the sun beating in.
The executive lounge is badly named. We called it the canteen. It's a little bit like feeding time at the zoo at breakfast and for evening pupus. There are no drinks to be had in the evening other than soft drinks/tea/coffee. I did see a sign saying you could purchase beer or wine but I have no idea where from as you didn’t really see any staff in the evening. Strange. Breakfast offerings were okay, but not fantastic. There was no printer by the computers. Printers are as cheap as chips nowadays so there is no excuse for not having a printer. As I say, it is just not an "executive" lounge such as we are used to. We don’t normally stay Hilton as we are IHG Royal Ambassadors so it was interesting to try it out.
People have mentioned that the pool area is windy and I can confirm this, but with temperatures of 30 deg celcius most days it didn’t bother me. I enjoyed the temperature of the pool. We had lunch at the pool bar one day. I cant say that I like my food arriving in a polystyrene container and thats what you eat out of but there you have it. But the food was nice.
Housekeeping staff on level 29 were excellent. Always friendly and ready with a smile and our room was always spotless.
Apart from breakfast and some pupus in the lounge, and our 1 lunch at the pool, we didn’t eat at the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants around to try. We were going to try Mac's one night but just never got around to it so I cant comment on that.
We were given a hospitality room to shower in on our day of departure, we checked out at 1pm from our room, but weren’t going to the airport until 7 pm so this was great to be able to freshen up.
If they offered a proper executive lounge this would be somewhere I would return to. It made me glad we took the 1 bedroom suite upgrade - but again, the room needs to be more like an actual suite. Overall we enjoyed our stay though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu