“Great experience”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed there three nights, 6/24-27. 16th floor with great view of mountains. Beach was a quick block away. Really in the center of things. Excellent, friendly staff. Clean room. Beds a little small. Otherwise pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I were married 7 years ago and never had the opportunity to have a honeymoon. I decided that this year was the year and we decided on Hawaii. Our stay at the Hilton Waikiki was perfect in every way. I really liked the linen, the pillows and the bed. I wish I had the same at home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Galen D
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is our third stay at this Hotel in four years. We just love the location - so close to Wailkiki Beach and although it is at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki we find many places within walking distance. The Bus and Trolleys also stop at the front door which makes it easy to get around. The staff were excellent - from the front desk, our room service and the restaurant staff at Mac 24/7. The concierge desk was very pleasant and helpful in suggesting new ideas. They even booked us a inexpensive and efficient shuttle to the Waikele Premium Outlets. The rooms are comfortable and roomy. We will be back.

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms had glorious views and there is plenty of activity on Kuhio Avenue. The Mounta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kristin14
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been several times at the Hilton Waikiki and always love to return. The location is a little outside the center but everything is in walking distance: shops, restaurants, the beach.
The rooms and bathrooms are small, but modern. Everything is clean.
The executive lounge is not too fancy but the choice they offer is ok.
The pool area is very nice, however it is often windy and there are (because of the winds?) no umbrellas.
Everytime I return to the hotel, I learn that they improved something.
I absolutely like it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dini646
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for continuing to return to our property. It is guests like you that let us know we are doing everything we possibly can to let everyone enjoy their stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Aloha and Mahalo.

Thomas Foti

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from a week staying at this hotel with my wife and her parents. We encountered one problem--which I'll detail later--which would have prompted a lower rating, but when I informed the manager, he took care of it to my satisfaction. We looked at three hotels before booking this one, and we're very glad we chose the Hilton Waikiki Beach (formerly known as the Prince Kuhio--helpful to know if you stay here and a taxi or tour driver refers to it by that name). The front desk service was outstanding, grounds and rooms were clean and well maintained throughout. My wife and I stayed in an executive king room on the 35th floor. Some reviews have talked about the obstructed ocean view--but for the money, I couldn't have been happier. Yes, there are a couple high-rise hotels or condos that block part of the ocean view, but for the most part, it's a great view--from the ocean-side upper floors, you see plenty of ocean and beach from both inside the room and out on the balcony (which is small, but fine for two people). My in-laws had a third-floor room on the city side--overlooking the hotel's nicely landscaped garden and gazebo (which is also the view from most tables in the MAC 24/7 restaurant). The 10th floor pool is small, but the pool deck is fairly large, and it's all well-maintained. The pool bartender could not be more accommodating. We enjoyed several dinners and a lunch at MAC 24/7. One of the dinners was among the best of our week, and we ate at some other nice restaurants as well. Small purchases--such as soft drinks--were surprisingly inexpensive (that's a relative term for Honolulu) at the small hotel shop called the Market, so you'll probably do as well or better for those items there than at, say, one of Waikiki's ubiquitous ABC shops, which pretty much sell everything. Our only problem was with the snorkeling service that the concierge desk recommended--a tour called Tommy's. We booked and paid for the tour--to beautiful Hanauma Bay--through the concierge service. The Tommy's drivers--there were two of them, as you have to switch to another vehicle at one point--didn't provide everything their leaflet promised. We received no detailed instruction in snorkeling, nor did we receive the promised special mask cleaner--my mask fogged up immediately and frequently. While the hotel manager pointed out to me that the concierge desk is not in Hilton's employ--they work for Expedia--I in turn pointed out to him that this is nowhere evident--there's no sign disclaiming Hilton's connection. But even if there had been, the service provided by a contractor within their own hotel should reflect Hilton's standards. The manager agreed with me--and, as I mentioned above, he satisfactorily addressed the issue. Aside from that one experience, I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. As for location, it's an easy three-minute walk to the beach, and almost as short a walk to great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a good hotel where the staff make it stand out. The rooms are comfortable with good views and clean. One evening I noticed one of the three bathroom lights had gone out. Next day the light was replaced without me ever having to bring it to anyone's attention. Myles at the pool bar is very helpful and always doing a little something extra for you. The bar tenders in 24/7 restaurant and lobby bar are very helpful. Elisabeth and Dorithy were especially fun and Elisabeth tipped us off to the best pizza in town. Desk staff also provided great service and they were always asking if I needed anything they could help with.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less street noise. I heard no street noise on 33rd floor while friend had s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

One block from the beach and on the main route for the bus.Walking distance to beach,zoo,aquarium.No noise stayed on the 23rd floor. Excellent concierge and the wifi in the room was an acceptable deal for a week.Our breakfasts were included which were the same as you would get anywhere I suppose. I would stay here again.Nothing to complain about at all,

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perth01

Aloha and thank you for the 5 stars, I couldn't be more happier that you enjoyed yourselves to the fullest. I am glad you also enjoyed our location in Waikiki, we feel that we are very centralized. Aloha and Mahalo!

Thomas Foti