“Great stay!”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We are staying here for 4 nights and its great! Rooms are clean and modern and we are a block back from the beach. The main part if Waikiki is only a 5 - 10 minute walk away. It's quiet and staff are helpful and friendly. Internet is free in public areas. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Aussiejen84

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We enjoyed staying at the Hilton Waikiki beach.
The place was clean (apart for some rogue long black hairs on the shower wall the day we arrived) close to the beach, buses and shopping.

The room was a nice size (room 516) with balcony, flat screen tv, desk, decent bathroom and 2 double beds.
we were hoping for one king bed but was actually quite nice having own space and no arguments about blankets or moving too much etc.
Not an expansive view from the 5th floor but no end of entertainment people watching.
the pool area (10th floor) was nice and there was always plenty of clean towels available.

Disappointing that the internet in the room was $45USD a week, a bit on the steep side compared to a few of the other hotels around who had it for free.

The mac 24/7 restaurant was good but we only went for some breakfasts and some late afternoon drinks. very generous servings and the only down side was there didn't seem to be a smaller option for the yummy options. only for the muesli and egg white omelet type choices.
I ordered the short stack of pancakes thinking I was picking something not too large and I could only eat 1/2 of one pancake. I found this all over Hawaii. The meals are HUGE and I found myself constantly disappointed about how much food I was waisting. but i suppose every country is different.
Oh also, we drink tea and you have to stipulate milk not creamer, which got some funny looks from staff.

So I would probably stay here if I was on a budget but if I could stretch it I would try one closer to the beach to get a view as all the things we were using were on the beach front. i.e shops restaurants & beach. (if your renting a SUP or surf board go one block in from the waterfront. they have less beaten up boards and at a much better rate.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a garden view room that was very pleasant. The desk clerks and valet were very helpful and friendly. Hotel was very nice and new feeling. We were only a block or so from beach access. Water bottles are available at the valet which was nice if you forget to pick up water along the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just recently we visited Waikiki and booked Hilton hotel expecting good hotel and service. But no. The problem was that we paid for breakfast once the room was booked and apparently is a buffet breakfast. To our surprise it is just normal breakfast, about 5 choices eggs that way and this way and that is it. Great right?
If you want extra toast (you just get one) apparently (we have been told by rude Indian guy in restaurant) you have to pay $2. That was 2 days before leaving. Before that no one charged us for one extra toast. He brought only one tray with butter and jam but he was suppose to bring two. Once I told him to bring mine he wasn't happy but I've got it. To my surprise little jars of jam were used already and I told him that, no response.
Cleaning people and bell and service desk outside however are great and very helpful. The (assuming Hawaiian) receptionist was very rude when we first arrived. Almost screamed at us for showing up earlier. All we wanted is to check us in and ask if we can leave our bags so that we can go for a walk and have a coffee somewhere before we get the keys.
The young blond girl at reception went out of her way to help us solve something. Really polite and funny girl.
All in all, Aussie don't expect our hospitality or Asian hospitality for that matter in Hawaii especially not at Hilton Waikiki. (oh and check what is actual buffet breakfast because it is obvious that they don't know what it means.
Besides rude and oblivious staff at Hilton, Hawaii is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: The air-condition in room on 25th floor is position such a terrible way; blows the air right on your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happysisters
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Aloha happysisters-

Thank you for your review of your experience at Hilton Waikiki. I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the hotel. It is true that we do not have a breakfast buffet. Our restaurant concept is quite unique as it offers the entire menu 24 hours a day (including all breakfast items). My apologies that we do not incorporate a buffet into this concept.

Most importantly, I am very disappointed to hear that the staff came across as "rude". This is highly unacceptable and we will make certain to address the individuals that you encountered who did not serve with "Aloha".

If there is anything we may do to earn your trust again in the future, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask to speak with Thomas Foti, the General Manager (me).

Mahalo for your feedback so that we can make it right for future valued guests.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had read lots of reviews of Honolulu hotels before I booked at the Hilton Waikiki Beach and after some doubts on our first day there, I can say it was the right choice.
It all depends on what you expect from the hotel and on what you want to do there.
We did not want to spend all of our time on the beach, but at the same time wanted to be close to it, as well as to all the restaurants, shops and markets in Waikiki. The Hilton is three minutes walking distance from Kuhio and Waikiki beach and right at the edge of Waikiki with all the interesting sites. And if you want to go the big mall, there is the stop of the trolley bus in front of the hotel entrance.
We had booked a very good room, ocean view, because I did not want to speculate on an upgrade. You do not travel to Hawaii an awful lot of times from Europe, at least I know I will not be able to do so, so I thought it would be worth to spend a little extra money and enjoy the view. The room was modern, recently renovated, I would guess, with a little balcony.
We had access to the executive lounge, where we only went for breakfast, never for the evening snacks from 5 to 7 pm. In Europe, most of the Hilton executive lounges are very nice, sometimes even fancy places where you enjoy spending some time and even having a drink in the evening. Do not expect anything like that at the Waikiki. The place is functional, but not pretty at all, with a feeling of canteen or cafeteria to it. Breakfast was nice, fresh fruit, especially the Hawaiian pineappe was delicious, yogurt, cereals, pancakes, bagels, cream cheese, juice etc, but far from as varied as the famous Hilton breakfast in general. Alternatively, you have the café, open 24/7, with à la carte breakfast and a pleasant garden - where we never went.
The fitness studio is more than ok, open 24/7, the outside pool on the rooftop of the tenth floor is ok if you want to swim laps early in the morning or in the evening, let's say after 7.30pm, when the non swimmers are gone and you can take away the dividing line between the deep and shallow part of the pool.

On our last day, we had to check out of our room at 2pm. Since our flight left in the evening, we spent the afternoon at the pool - which was the only time we went there during the day. It was not too busy, but actually, who wants to go the pool if you have the beach next door? The hotel gave us a courtesy room for one hour before we went to the airport, so we could shower and change. This is a great service which we appreciated a lot. Our courtesy room was on the 4th floor, the interior was exactly the same as in our room high up, but it was nosier, you did not realy have a view and we had the impression that you could even hear more clearly what was going on in the aisle and in the other rooms. So if you have a choice, try to book an ocean view room high up, it is worth it. I had purchased the room in advance, so the difference between our room and a standard room at best rate was very small.
Our experiences with the concierge desk were mixed. There was a young lady who was not very helpful at all, we had the impression she wanted to sell excursions and was not really interested in helping you with your questions, alternatively, there was a young man who made a lt more efforts to assist the customers with practical advice.
One last thing. If you should leave on a Friday evening, make sure to leave from the hotel early. I am always planning ahead cautiously, but Friday afternoon traffic out of Honolulu is a nightmare and due to several unfortunate cirumstance, traffic was even worse on the day we left so that we almost lost our flight.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sunstar1019
Reviewed May 19, 2013

From luxurious toiletries to soft bouncy towels this hotel was one of the best we have stayed in. We stayed for 3 days as part of our Hawaiian cruise.we have never stayed at a Hilton before but we hope it will not be the last.one of our suitcases went missing, when we went to reception to see if it had been dropped off.we spoke to Brian reception manager,who was very helpful and thank you for your very kind gesture!!.Waikiki beach was good.this was the best of the islands and we should have stayed at the hotel.thank you for a lovely stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DaveandJoan
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Absolutely immaculate hotel in every way. I was a little reserved about booking here because it is a city blink off the beach but am so happy I decided to book! Get the deluxe ocean view room as you have beautiful view of Waikiki. I stay at Hilton's all over the world and this one is up there with the best. Stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village last month on my visit to Hawaii and was very disappointed - this Property restored my faith! Only drawback (not a problem for me) is the pool is rather no frills which may not be good for small kids but hotel more than makes up for it and you have a protected swimming area on the beach a block away that is great for kids!

• Stayed: May 2013
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Aloha BriantheTraveler-

Thank you so much for the outstanding review! We are thrilled that we were able to be a part of restoring your faith in the Hilton's of Hawaii!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Mahalo