Our family of 3 stayed here for almost 3 weeks while my husband was in town for business. The hotel is clean and location is great. It's 2 blocks to the beach, which was an easy walk, and not on the main busier strip of Kalakaua Ave (the road that runs along the beach). We had Gold status so the complimentary breakfast in the executive lounge was a bonus and helpful when you have a little one. Don't expect anything fancy, but can't beat complimentary! They have an awesome coffee machine that makes cappuccinos, mochas, etc. which is essential "morning fuel" for our family. I recommend the scones; although probably not made in-house, they were pretty good! If you don't have access to the lounge, there's Mac2Go, which sells Starbucks coffee & items to go. I've heard great things about the giant pancakes from the hotel restaurant Mac 24-7, but didn't get a chance to try them. There are also evening appetizers served in the executive lounge which are great to tide you over if you're going to have a late dinner. The lounge was often busy when we were there but the staff is friendly and does their best to try and keep it clean and well-stocked. (Some people go in there with the mentality that it's supposed to be run like a restaurant..and it is not! It's a nice bonus that the hotel offers, so don't be snobby about it!)
The rooms are nicely kept, however as others have mentioned, the bathroom has frosted windows, so it was hard with a little one. I recommend bringing a night light so you don't have to turn all the lights on if you need to see when others are sleeping. Nice design, but probably not so practical ;) Storage was limited..there's one closet in the bathroom, but the dresser drawers were tiny..the kiddos clothes (as small as they are) took up almost all the space. The beds are pretty comfortable, and I personally liked the pillows. I actually considered buying one from the Hilton site!
Our room was a Mountain View on one of the executive floors. The view was beautiful, even though it wasnt facing the ocean, and we caught a few rainbows! :) We were close to the elevators but never heard that much noise. We got our "ocean view" every morning going out to the elevators. The pool is on the 10th floor and kind of in a "wind tunnel", so not that ideal for laying out, but that's what the beach is for! We walked everywhere, so we didn't need to use the workout facilities.
There are tons of places to eat within walking distance. Laundry is valet only, but there's a laundromat (Waikiki Laundry) just a block away.
All in all a great stay...probably not the top choice for families with young children, but we were blessed to be able to tag along, so no complaints here! Great location, comfortable room, good eats...you're in Hawaii..what's not to love? :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu