“Hawaii stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Alton, Illinois
“Hawaii stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It seems to cater to business and adult travelers. It is a quiet hotel. The location is excellent! Bus and trolley transportation stops are in front of hotel or within a block. Waikiki Beach is a short walk, as is the main shopping and dining area. The rooms are adequate. The only issue was that the closet is located off the bathroom.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the beach which is a few blocks away but still visible from balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kedly1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was surprisingly a good hotel. It's located on Kuhio, just one block away from the main street of Waikiki (Kalakaua) and the entrance to the beach. It's a smaller hotel and definitely not a resort but it did the job for us. We upgraded to an ocean view room with a wrap-around balcony so we had a view of Diamond Head and the water. It was lovely and the room was a fairly decent size. Hotel is a stone's throw away from a couple of bus stops, which is totally the way to get around Waikiki (if you don't feel like walking) and to get to Diamond Head. Very close to several restaurants, centralized to pretty much everything.

Quick note though - it's on old hotel that was renovated so it's got old bones...we could hear water running through the pipes in the middle of the night. It was not bad or frequent but it's something to keep in mind. Oh and no matter where you stay on Waikiki, you're going to hear an ambulance or fire truck at some point on your trip - doesn't matter if you're on the highest floor.

Overall, nice hotel. Yes, we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
melbourne, australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked a 1 bedroom room with friends who also stayed in a 1 bedroom unit over the christmas/new year period. The reception was very efficient and friendl;y even though this was a busy period for the hotel. We got into the room and it was just right, it was a bit smallish, but when you go to Hawaii who wants to stay all day in a hotel room. It was fine and suited our purpose. The location was good, it was a block back from the main street and towards the end of the strip so it was relatively quiet.
I wanted to book a tour with the concierge and she was very friendly even though she was busy and we had to wait a while as a number of people had the same idea, but she was very helpful. The cafe in the hotel was ok, nothing special but it served its purpose.
I would recommend it if you are looking for a quiet, relatively inexpensive hotel in this part of the island

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The girl at the desk "celeena" was an angel, she helped us with everything with a big smile! You should have her to help you! She will do everything in her power to help you as good as possible, she made our stay a lot more pleasant. Thanks celeena!

• Stayed March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Hilton hotel and I was not impressed with this hotel at all. There’s no parking nearby and valet parking is like $20 plus tip. There wasn’t much drawer space for clothing, and there were no kitchen units. The pizza I ordered from their kitchen reminded me of the Chucky Cheese pizza I used to eat when I was 5 years old but as an adult I thought this pizza was pretty unappetizing. The pizza cost me $27 total. Then I found out that if I want to use wifi in my room I have to pay $9.95 a day or use my HHonors points which I thought was a rip off. The bathroom faucet also leaked all over my make up bag. When I decided to switch hotels I called the front desk and asked them if I could check out at 3 instead of noon since I don’t get off work until 2:30 and the woman was very curt with me and told me that she’d charge me $105 for checking out late. Now I have to bunk with a coworker for a night to avoid getting charged by two different hotels. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone that isn’t filthy rich. You’ll pay out the butt for everything.

Room Tip: Extended stay visitors should look elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nichole D
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and your review will help us to improve the quality of services, amenities and pricing that we offer our guests. Thank you for your review.

Thomas Foti
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel itself was nice, although the name implies it is on or near the beach which it is not. We had booked two rooms, 1 for my wife and I and 1 for our 3 kids. This is what we paid for and had confirmed, but the hotel insisted that we share with our daughter. We even followed up when we returned home, but the hotel refused to even reply to us or our travel agent. Would not recommend of stay again..
Also the air conditioning was so noisy I had to sleep with ear plugs. seriously !

Room Tip: Try another hotel !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary N
Indianapolis IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We were able to check in early. Rachel and chrs (girl) were very informative and able to honor request. Jason at concierge is very knowledgeable and listens to what you are looking for. Rooms are recently renovated. If you can get ocean view, do so. Pool is spacious and plenty of seating, it faces south so sun bathers will love it. It's not windy at all, at the pool even though other posts had said this. Enjoy!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple