“Excellent location and affordable”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our first holiday in Hawaii, we selected the Hilton due to location and ocean view room. We were not disappointed the room was spacious, exceptionally clean, comfortable king size bed and fantastic ocean view room. The hotel location is great away from all the busy beachfront. Trolley bus at the front of the hotel also easy walk to the beachfront. We visited during the busy Christmas - New Year period and walked into the lobby areas of the beachfront hotels - so glad we choose the Hilton it was much less frantic and noisey.

Staff were all helpfull, polite and obliging. Concierge booked all our tours was very helpfull and efficient. Housekeeping staff are excellent, willing to assist nothing is too much trouble and greeted us whenever we walked by.

The only negative is the fitness centre, too small not enough floor mats or room to stretch. Would have loved a rowing machine.

Thank you for a wonderful stay, we will recommend the Hilton Waikiki.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 23rd floor ocean view - quiet and great view
2  Thank Shelden60

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently spent 11 nights at this Hilton on Waikiki Beach. The location is great, although if you have ideals of beachfront Mai Tais on sunset, which I had, then this isn't the place for you. The hotel is one block back from the main beach, a short stroll, but frustrating once you have visited other hotels that are right on the beach. The rooms were excellent in terms of size, cleanliness and affordability. The fitness facility is also very good for those wanting to maintain their exercise on holiday. I do, however, criticise, a few things - merely so that readers know what they are getting with their rooms. Firstly, the lack of mini bar services in the rooms (although I soon learned this is common for most 4 star hotels in Hawaii). A lack of free in-room wi-fi (again something that is common for Hawaiian hotels). The room service menus were outdated leading me to have an argument over the phone with a service attendant when ordering something from the menu which was no longer available. I also had problems ordering, what sounded like a delicious coconut and pineapple muffin each day, for a myriad of reasons ranging from a New Years' Day shortage to simply not being something that should have been listed on the menu. My advice is to ditch the hotel food and get out and find some 'all American-sized local delights' anyway. Finally, the pool of this hotel, in comparison to its competitors, is disappointing. Very small, situated on the 10th floor facing away from the sunshine for most of the day. Thankfully, the weather beckons you to the beach front most days! I would say that if you are looking for luxury then this isn't the best choice - try the Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton, Modern or Haleukelani. But if you want affordable, 4 star accommodation, without the full range of luxury (and often expensive) trimmings then you can't go wrong with the Hilton.

Room Tip: The Ocean View Rooms are a must if you're in Hawaii for surf and sunshine. Given this hotel is...
3  Thank Thelly76
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was my First visit to Hawaii after a 10 hr flight i was not sure what to expect, From the time i got off the plain until i arrived at my hotel service was excellent. I was thinking to myself things can only get better. I had a party off 8 we arrived at the Hotel and it was very clean the staff made sure that we had everything that we needed to enjoy our 8 day vacation. When i walk into my room it was so clean and very nice that diffidently put a smile on my face. The hotel location was in a perfect place the beach is a block away. I no when i say a block away people may say "A BLOCK A WAY" But it was not far at all, There was so many little shop you can buy souvenirs across from the beach. The restaurant in the hotel 24/7 had very good food and the best service you could ask for. You have to try out there HUGE pancakes. There was a live band every night in the lobby it was very relaxing, I recommend this hotel i would stay here again!

Room Tip: Great Hotel and Amazing Staff
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Although the view might be a bit better on the street side, it also suffers from more noise due to the trolley ringing it's bell frequently, fire engines, and overall street noise. Mountain side can also get very noisy when it is really windy and the wind is howling through the building.
Rooms are nice and spacious. Most have balconies in which you can sit down and relax. TV is big and build into the wall. The shower was spacious and hot. The workout room is good although few people use it (those that jog, prefer to do it on the beach). The hotel is one block from the beach. The poolside bar/restaurant is nice, but not open when it is windy. Checkin and out was fast and friendly. The concierge was not to helpful when I asked about a local restaurant for breakfast or lunch (this is Waikiki - there are no local restaurants).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel over Christmas and could not have picked a better hotel for our vacation. We live in San Francisco and work in the hospitality industry. Needless to say, we understand guest satisifaction and the art of service.
We could have chosen to stay with one of our own brand hotels however decided to totally unwind and relax excaping from any connection to our professioinal lives.
The Hotel was clearly busy over the holiday week but you never would have known this from the exceptionial and individualized service we recieved on a daily basis. At check in we were welcomed by the front desk like we were old family friends. Our housekeeper did and amazing joby by servicing our room and went above and beyond what we ever would have expected. One morning in my haste to start my day, I broke a glass on the bathroom floor before taking a shower. I called the front desk to ask that someone from housekeeping assist me in cleaning the shattered glass covering the bathroom floor which was now preventing me from getting to the shower. I assumed my morning apointment would be delayed while waiting for the housekeeper to arrive. Seconds after hanging up the phone there was a knock on the door, our housekeeper standing there with a vacuum, bucket and mop. WOW, talk about anticipating needs. The valet parking attendants took the time to not just point out the restroom but instead walk me through the lobby and show me the locatoin. One of the bartenders and restaurant manager were excited to share thier island "top picks" with us. The concierge staff made our resevations around town seem effortless during an extreamly busy hoiday season.
Thank you to the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel staff for making our vacation the best in years!

1  Thank Joseph J
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Arrived for a 16 night stay. Arrived at hotel 7.30 am after a 10 hour flight. Reception staff excellent and I had a room by 12pm. Rooms in club level, ocean view, excellent ( if a bit pricey)- well presented, cleaned perfectly, no noise( very important to a comfy stay) and fantastic products in bathroom. The fact that the hotel is one block back from the beach is a bonus - no traffic/people noise etc under the windows. Swimming pool, spa and gym excellent. I couldn't fault the staff. Apparently this hotel deals more with business people and as a result you are not swamped by tourists - as observed at other hotels in the area ( fighting for the chairs at the pool or space in the pool). Buses to all places just outside front door, shopping one block away. Only negative was the food in the club area - too much fried food and not much variety-
Must try cocktails at Lobby Bar and the big pancake at the restaurant ( huge, needs to be shared with 3 others!!!)
A wonderful stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed here once before...great experience before and again!

We didn't want to stay at the Hilton "Resort" which is the other choice in Waikiki. The Prince Kuhio is a full service Hilton that is only a block away from the Waikiki beach and strip and very easy to get to.

You are more in the middle of the action of Waikiki at this hotel than the other "Resort" property and we prefer that so we can just walk out of the hotel and be in the mix and strip.

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and helpful.

Having the Hilton Honors Lounge is a nice feature too as well as being able to go to Mac 24/7 and check out the huge and I mean HUGE pancakes that Man vs. Food attempted and failed at finishing!...order the pancakes for a family meal and have a great time!

This is NOT a resort style hotel...it is more of a full service Hilton property and while the rooms are nothing special...they are your standard style Hilton room...

We'd recommend this hotel and we'll stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family