Hilton Waikiki Beach
$372
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$254
$209
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$239
Agoda.com
$212
$190
4,786 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemac restaurantthe prince kuhiohour restaurantocean viewwaikiki beachlobby barshort walk to the beachvalet parkinghigh floorsmall balconytwo blocksdiamond headpool area isthe main draghospitality rooman upgrade
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Travelling back home to Australia from San Francisco on my own after visiting family in San Francisco , I decided on a stopover in Honolulu yo break the journey home. I had been to Honolulu before and stayed in other hotels and apartments and I'm 60 and want something reasonable to stay in.
I arrived at Hilton Waikiki and received the most pleasant service at the reception desk and as I had just joined the Hilton honors program was given an upgrade to the executive room and use of the executive lounge area.
The room was spacious, had a chaise lounge in it, a fantastic view of the mountains and everything I could need. When I returned after shopping the view of the lights around Honolulu was spectacular. Despite it being a rainy, overcast day and night, I took myself for a swim and just felt like I was in heaven. Pool was heated, hardly anyone there and I had a great time doing a few laps. The bed was very comfortable, room was quiet. The foyer area is expansive, somewhat old fashioned but a really good feel to it. There is a bar in one corner and a really good restaurant for anytime snacks or full dinner. I had a light sandwich which was freshly prepared and very tasty.
The pink tram stops outside to go to Ala Moana shopping centre as does the bus. It's a block away from the main beach and is down the end of the strip where the beach sand is pleasant to walk on.
All round, I found this to be an excellent location, wonderful service, free wifi in main areas, free in room with upgrade, comfortable and views to die for. Will be back here again

Room Tip: The upgrade to a higher and more spacious room is worth it. Great restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Heather M
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of your short stay. I am glad you got to experience our property on a little layover. It sounds to me that you didn't even want to leave. We hope to see you again sometime soon. Mahalo!

Thomas Foti

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A first experience that will not be our last. The fantastic island of Oahu is the most welcoming of places and the Hilton Hotel just great. Food, accommodation, service and weather make this destination a wonderful place to spend Christmas and New Year. For anyone who wants guaranteed hot sun sunshine, ocean bathing and an insect free environment, this is the place to go it's a long way from the UK but worth the journey.

Room Tip: Always have an ocean view the higher up the better we were on the 35 floor and had uninterrupted sun sets every night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BOB W

I just wanted to send out a Big Mahalo for your great review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful holiday while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again! Aloha!

Thomas Foti

Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's a Hilton, nothing wrong with that. The location is great, just 1 block from the main Waikiki beach. Rooms are decent sized, modern styled and comfortable. Service at the main desk was excellent. But in the restaurant it was veeeryy slow...
Outside pool on the 10th floor, not very big though. But they also have a Jacuzzi and a bar.
Overall: good, but pricey! But then again, all hotels in Waikiki are pricey. Try to shop around and find a good deal!! It's worth the effort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Berend M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel lobby and pool area very nice, we had an ocean view King room on 27th floor - could see the sea between the highrise buildings, very noisy with the balconey door open, but an excellent view of the fireworks on NYE.
Main room area was updated but bathroom whilst some work had been done was not of good standard. (You could hear when someone was using the bathroom which was not good)
A little way from the beach and shops but ok if you can walk for approx 5-10min. Valet service for car was excellent and staff at reception every helpful in answering questions.

Probably wouldn't stay again, due to location not one of HIlton's best hotels.

Room Tip: make sure you get a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed a Parlor Suite on a high floor with great ocean views. Our room was spacious (1 & 1/2 baths) and well appointed. We enjoyed the executive room breakfasts which were OK. There were large families who at times consumed the breakfast room. We found Kuhio Avenue to be noisy with sirens bellowing up to three times a night. We had an outstanding view of the fireworks and we enjoyed two ocean view balconies. The pool on the tenth floor has potential but needs more trees and tropical plants. We walked everywhere from this hotel which makes its location ideal. It is a nice walk to Roy's, House Without A Key, The Mai Tai bar, DK Steak, the zoo, the acquarium. The buses and trolleys stop in front of the hotel which also adds to the noise. If you want quiet I think a hotel on the beach is the answer and recommend The Royal Hawaiian. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The Executive Lounge staff were on island time and neglected to wipe the tables which we needed to do each morning which did not impress us. The Mac 24/7 restaurant is just OK.

Room Tip: Book far in advance for the best rates; if you want quiet the courtyard view might be the answer
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple