We were not impressed by the Hilton Waikiki Beach hotel. The location is about a five minute walk from the beach. We had an ocean front "executive" room on one of the top floors. The view is partially blocked (30%) by other large buildings. You're so far from the beach that the surfers look like tiny ants. Even from the top floors the ocean view is just OK.
The biggest disappointment was the noise. The Hilton is a very noisy hotel. The noise is generally not coming from the other guests. It is coming from the surrounding city streets. Day and night you get the sounds of the city: Trucks, buses, car alarms, motorcycles, construction, garbage trucks, etc. It is so loud that you can't really relax on the small deck. If you have visions of waking up and enjoying a quiet cup of coffee while watching the ocean waves... you can forget it at the Hilton. This hotel is just a place to sleep if you plan to do your relaxing elsewhere.
The rooms are fine. Maybe a tad on the small side. Decor is fairly modern. Furniture is starting to show wear with scratches and loose knobs. I think they used cheap bathroom fixtures because we had issues with a running toilet (that they repaired). The sink faucet was touchy, and the sink stopper didn't work. The room was kept generally clean. Tho, our blanket had a dime-sized blood stain. The rooms come with large safes, coffee makers, irons, and full-sized ironing boards. Average soap and shampoo products.
We had access to the "executive" lounge in the hotel basement. The food was good. It was a better selection than just a continental breakfast. A negative is that the lounge can be packed during peak hours. And, it is filled with families with small children. It is literally like eating breakfast in a daycare center with little kids running around and with kids crawling on the furniture. The staff in the lounge is very friendly and helpful.
The staff at the front desk is polite, but not warm or especially helpful. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant. We tried ordering drinks at the hotel pool. After waiting at the bar for about 10 minutes we gave up and just grabbed waters from our room.
The Hilton Waikiki Beach is just an average hotel. If we return to Waikiki we would look for a quiet hotel closer to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu