This was my first visit to Hawaii in about 12 years and as soon as I arrived I asked myself why I hadnt been back in such a long time. My week there was made more enjoyable by my choice of hotel,The Hilton Waikiki Beach. This hotel used to be called the Prince Kuhio which may be handy to know when asking directions or travelling in a taxi.
The hotel is located one block from the beach which is a bonus, as I think the the oceanfront hotels would be receive much more traffic noise. My room was well appointed and effort has been made in keeping the rooms updated despite the age of the building. The pool is small but there is a large sundeck area with plenty of sunlounges to cater for the guests enjoying the beautiful weather. A nice inclusion was the 24hour business centre which provided complimentary internet access and printers, which was handy for printing up my boarding pass the day before my return flight. Free wi-fi is available poolside, in the restaurants and in the hotel lobby. Room access is approx US$13 per day. All of the hotel staff I encountered were friendly and approchable. An incident with a smoking guest in the next room was dealt with immediately by hotel security. Smoking in hotels in Hawaii is illegal, so if youre a smoker and cant handle not being able to smoke in your room, holiday somewhere else!
All in all The Hilton Waikiki Beach was a very comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. My only regret was not having being back to Hawaii sooner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu