“Central Hotel in second Ocean Line Waikiki Beach”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel is a typical Hilton hotel: good location, friendly staff, nice rooms.
The hotel is in the second Ocean line/street from the heart of Waikiki Beach.
40 minutes away from Honolulu airport (we paid 45 dollar for the taxi)
The old name of the hotel is "Prince Kuhio", so you need to told the taxi driver: Hilton Hotel Prince Kuhio Waikiki Beach. Because there are a lot Hilton hotels on the island.

The main reason to booked this hotel for me was, that the hotel is not to big and in the center
of Waikiki beach. You walk only 5 minutes to the ocean.

Second beach line for this hotel is perfect, the ocean street is to crowded. The hotel have ocean view rooms (see the picture). Don`t forget that Hawaii is really expensive for drinks, food, and tours:
examples: 1 hour helicopter flight 280 dollar, 1/2 day snorkeling 140 dollar...
The best tour, and a "must to do on Hawaii" was the full day island buss tour for only 80 Dollar per person (the only possible cheaper tour). On this tour you see all the famous beaches.
Starts at 8 am. to 5 pm. booked of concierge service in the Hilton hotel.

Room Tip: Book a ocean view room and you will see the surfers in the morning on Waikiki Beach
1  Thank MichaelMiles30
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

I just wanted to send out a Big Mahalo to you for your great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our property. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon! Aloha.

Thomas Foti

Write a ReviewReviews (4,635)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for a total of 5 nights; paid for 2, used points for 3.

With that being said, it was an incredible value. As a gold member I was upgraded to an ocean view on the corner (room 1518), and received daily breakfasts and appetizers in the executive lounge. The property was recently renovated and I think they did a really nice job with the decor. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and the room very clean. Yes, it would have been nice to have been on a property right on the beach, but I was happy with the proximity to the beach and the side of Waikiki it was on. The view from our room was great (wonderful sunsets) and we could see Diamond Head to the side. If this property was right on the beach, I would have given it a 5.

There was great live music nightly at the bar which is on the ground floor. It was a nice touch to hear the music as we left/returned each night.

Parking Tip: I parked at the Banyon across the street for less than half the valet parking at the Hilton. That worked out great for us.

As for the staff, the younger gentleman who initially checked us in was extremely nice and helpful. There were 2 other ladies I dealt with while there, and they were not that nice or helpful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a bigger balcony. :)
Reviewed December 18, 2012

While rooms are not large, I appreciated that they were very clean & had features I appreciate - specifically, in room coffee maker, large in-room safe & a refrigerator. Rooms were not old/dated & I found comfortable. The balcony was quite small - although as I was on an upper level with ocean front view - I did enjoy spending time on the balcony.

As others have noted, hotel is a long block from the beach, ABC stores nearby (& a bigger Food Pantry about 4 blocks away) & the bus is easily accessed. I thought the location was convenient for my needs.

As others have also noted, the Executive Lounge is disappointing in that it is lower level & fairly small. I did think the food choices were good & the staff welcoming & helpful. Also, was surprised that weekday hours definitely cater to business clients with breakfast hours of 6-9 am. While this worked for me, expect some tourists would prefer later hours. On weekends, hours are an hour later.

For the size of the hotel & the fact this is Hawaii -- having only one concierge is not sufficient. My simple needs were not met simply because I was too impatient to wait (one family there for at least 20 minutes with no signs of leaving anytime soon).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SF94597
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I do however regret that you had a disappointing with Executive Lounge and that you had to wait a long time with our concierge. I can assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and your satisfaction is our priority. I have taken your comments into consideration to improve our on-property experience. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We are always glad when we check into a hotel and it looks like the pictures on the website, it was not overly fancy but it was modern and clean.

Our room had a nice view even though we were only on the 7th floor, the drawback of that was that it was really noisy.

The location was quite good, not right in the middle of the action but a short walk. I must admit after a week I did get a little tired of the walk back from the beach even though it wasn't long, if we went back again I'd pay a bit more to stay right on the beach.

House keeping was always consistent, done every day.

We ate at MAC 24/7 a couple of times, the service was hit and miss we had a great waiter one morning but when he went on break the person covering his break was nowhere to be seen. The meals were huge so I think that made the prices reasonable.

We drank at the lobby bar few times, you can’t say no to half price cocktails at happy hour.

Overall we were quite happy with our stay.

1  Thank MrsDLJ
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was surprised as a Hilton that the room was very small, and the patio was very small and dirty. The Mac 24/7 restaurant had really poor service. We went for breakfast, and sat for about 15 min and still no one came to serve. For the prices they charge, this was in acceptable. We left. We had a late flight home, and asked for a Kate check out, and they refused. They told us we could pay $100 to stay an extra 2 hrs. We will be looking for a different place to stay next time.

• Stayed: November 2012
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you went through some inconveniences during your stay with us. I truly apologize about this especially that you had to wait for an extended time to be served during your breakfast. I can assure you that this does not happen often; however, I sincerely regret if you went through any inconveniences. I have personally spoken to our staff to make sure that we deliver the exceptional level of service all our guests deserve. In regards to your check out, I can only tell you that our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, and it sometimes we are unable to hold a room for an extended period of time; however, I can empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration. I do hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach for four nights during the Honolulu Marathon weekend of December 7th.

The hotel is centrally located to Waikiki beach on Kuhio Avenue and within walking distance to all the shopping and may restaurants located on popular Kalakaua Avenue.

Staff at HWB were friendly upon check-in and check out. They now have a 24 hour restaurant that will meet any palate at any time. I ordered dinner one night and breakfast on the last morning and both were delivered in ample time. Food was great and reasonably priced.

My room was located on the fourth floor facing the garden/gazebo . I was in a double room with the most comfy beds and pillows. The only drawback was that the closet was located in the bathroom, which wasn't that big of a deal, but would've been nice to have it in the sleeping area. You will need your room key card to access any floor, so make sure you have yours with you to access elevator to your floor.

The bathroom had a contemporary look/feel with one sink and your usual bath amenities. Hairdryer included.

Rooms were cleaned every day nicely and neatly. The air condoning system was working well and the TV was nice and big. Wifi was $10 a day or you can choose a four day package for $40 with good connections speeds.

The pool is located on the tenth floor with a bar where you can order a slew of beverages. (room card needed to access pool) There isn't a pool service attendant taking your orders poolside, so you'll have to walk up to the bar to order your drinks. Towels are provided at your disposal.

I've stayed at this property three times now and will definitely return as it's a good distance from the hustle and bustle and way cheaper then the bigger hotels on Kalakaua Avenue. (only two short blocks away from the "action")

For those travelers who need their McDonalds fix, there's one just two blocks away and other major chains right on Kuhio Avenue. (Chili's, IHOP, Denny's, Starbucks)

Overall, HWB is a good choice for travelers looking for a nice place with four star amenities without paying the four star price.

Also, there is a trolley that literally stops right in front of the hotel that you can take to the biggest outdoor mall (Ala Moana) for only $2 one way/per person and vice versa. What a bargain!

Enjoy your stay in Waikiki!

Room Tip: remember to carry your room key to access your floor. trolley to Ala Moana stop located right outsi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelermundo

Thank you so very much for your amazing detailed review. This is going to be very helpful for our future guests. Thank you also for being a return guest, we really appreciate that! We look forward to your next visit with us. Aloha and Mahalo!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The ocean view is great. The king size room was average - furniture, style was average. The breakfast was also decent. It is two blocks from the beach which was a 5 minute walk and refreshing on most days. Convenience stores & Waikiki strip very close. We stayed for 11 days and were quite disappointed when we started seeing bugs in the bathroom, that showed up after one week. They ended up being termites. They were accommodating and found us another room (same style room, no upgrades) and gave us a credit towards the valet parking. Although it was compensated for, I have to admit it was disappointing, especially for the price and it being a Hilton. the concierge was excellent in helping us plan our trips, although there is only one person at a time to help everyone book excursions etc. Cleaning staff was very friendly. An Average hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are excellent to get a mountain/city view and an ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SK01155019

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our beautiful views as well as the convenience of being centrally located. I do however regret that you went through the unfortunate experience of seeing bugs in your bathroom. I can assure you that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur and I can assure you we have already contacted them. I am relieved that we were able to provide you with other accommodations; however, please know that we regret this incident and have already taken action so this does not occur again. Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.