Stayed here mid-nov 2012, executive level room on 36th floor away from the lifts. Stayed for 5 nights. Didnt hear any other guests in our room at any stage. Housekeeping did a great job, always left them a $5 tip and always came back to a spotless room.
Cant rate the beds highly enough, probably the most comfortable sleep I have ever had.
I actually chose this hotel for its location, as we prefer to walk and Waikiki isnt that large anyway. Cant really understand why people rate this hotel down for its location, Google Maps would have alerted you to the fact its a block from the beach with a minimum of research. Its pretty much halfway between the Ala Wai Canal and Wakiki Beach, and with trolleys and The Bus stopping basically at the front door you can get anywhere you need to even if you dont feel like walking. ABC store located right across the road so very easy to stock up on snacks and drinks whenever you needed.
I found all staff to be excellent from the front desk, to the wait staff to housekeeping. Everyone had a smile on their face, and dealt with all queries efficiently. Ate at MAC24/7 twice, once for dinner and once for a late breakfast. On both occasions the food was great, in fact their pancakes are among the best I have tasted anywhere.
Only (very small) gripe I would have would be with the executive lounge which is nowhere near big enough (even in Nov there was a wait to find a spare seat for breakfast).
If travelling as a couple would definately stay here again, however if coming as a family I would probably have to compare with some more child-friendly venues before making a decision.
You pay a little less with the hotel not being on the beach, however its still a Hilton so its a great option if you want to spend some money on more luxurious accomodation without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unobstructed Ocean views, just 1 block from Waikiki beach, with 24-hour dining at World Famous M.A.C. 24/7. We're the only Waikiki Hilton with an Executive Lounge. NO resort fees! Located in the heart of Waikiki, this property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu