“Excellent value for money”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our first visit to Waikiki and after much research we decided on the Hilton. The hotel was absolutely fabulous! Perfect and has everything you need.

Upon arrival there was a little wait to check in, nothing to complain about. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Chad (at the front desk) actually remembered our surname and room number everyday when we went down to borrow beach towels.

The rooms are very clean and tidy with great amenities and housekeeping does a great job.

The location of the hotel itself is pretty convenient. It's about one block from the beach (5-10 min walk). There are a few car parks around which is good as the parking at the hotel is a little expensive. We ended up parking at the Honolulu Zoo car park which was very cheap, and about a 5 mins walk.

Great hotel, fantastic trip!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ABOzman

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel gives you the down to Earth atmosphere among Luxury!

I researched and researched...did I mention I researched the perfect hotel to stay in Hawaii. When your traveling over 3000 miles you want to make sure it was right.

The pictures do this hotel no justice.

When we arrived at the Hilton Waikiki the Valet personel was not only helpful but full of life. Humming songs, smiles on their faces, and greeting your very professionally. I knew this was going to be a great stay. First impressions are everything.

Stepping inside the Hilton Waikiki was beautiful. Just beside the front desk was a bar area with a pink backdrop behind the shelves. Reminds you of something you would see in Miami.

Floral filled the tables and sitting areas. It was also pleasant to hear good live music in the lobby. Just before you get to the Elevator the conceirge is conventiently located to help with your tour and every need around Oahu- they book a few of our events for us.

I appreciated the amenties the hotel had to offer. Market just adjacent to the elevators( inside the hotel) that stayed open long enough if you were off with the time different and needed a snack. Not to metion for Hawaii it was reasonably priced. Also, the MAC 24 was on the Food Network Channel for their 14 inch pancakes. The food was just ok but if you take the challenge it worth going to.

Outside was a beautiful ambiance of koi ponds, Palm Trees, Foliage, Flowers. It was just truly breathtaking.

When we got to our room( we had an ocean view). This ocean view was out of this world. Only two blocks from the beach. I could lay in bed...turn over look out the window and see the Pacific ocean. When I went outside of my Lanai...looked to the Left was Diamond Head. Best views ever!

Our room decor was nice and the room size was slightly bigger then a regular hotel room. There was only a shower- no tub.

The pool was located on the roof with free cabanas that gives you a view of the stars you just dont get in the city!

the location of this hotel was great. Right on a main road. There was a market just across the street to walk . Two blocks up was the beach and food places along that street. The corner of the beach was a Burger King. We really didn't have to drive far for anything.

The only downside was the traffic noise when we had our Lanai door opened.

I give the Hilton Two Thumbs up. This place was definitely for an adult stay without children.
Tthe next visit wih our kids to Hawaii...we will have to try out the Hilton Hawaiian Villages.

I hope you found this review helpful as I try to give honest opinions.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high floor with ocean view. I believe we were on the 12th floor. Also great view...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sassi P
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Prior visits to Waikiki were spent staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. For this visit, I wanted something on a smaller scale. The Hilton Waikiki Beach fit the bill. Set back about a block from the beach, it was still very convenient to most of Waikiki sites. They treated me very nicely as a Diamond member. My suite was ready upon my arrival in the early afternoon and all the amenities were explained. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge on the lower lobby level was very nice, with no problems finding a place to sit. The rooms were modern and well-kept. It was nice to be a step back from the crazy crowds on the main drag.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a nice hotel -- room was great, exercise room was excellent, breakfast buffet was excellent. Located just a couple of blocks from the beach, which was a great swimming beach. But Waikiki itself is very touristy and I wasn't impressed with the quality of restaurants in the area. Also, there are a lot of homeless in the area, especially near the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pgscmk
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really had a great time at this Hilton! First, check in was a breeze, was upgraded automaticaly due to my Honors membership! The room was very clean, and the view was good ( mountain ).
The pool is nice! The bar at the pool was great! Myles and Sarah are the best! Very nice and had pleanty of suggestions! the beach is one block away. Many of the attractions I planned on visiting in the Waikiki are are in walking distance. I bought a four day bus pass, and olny used it once! The concierge was fantastic! I went on two excersions, John quickly had them for me in moments! I would definatly visit this hotel on my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights before moving to my destination hotel, The Royal Hawaiian. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly, the gal who checked me in remembered me by name during my stay!! Pulling into the valet here can be very difficult if you are turning left off Kuhio Ave. if there is busy traffic(it's Waikiki)!! If there is a lot of traffic in the valet, you might have to wait a short while to pull in as the valet landing is very small. A frame of my clip-on sunglasses broke on me, and the desk staff went out of their way to find me some superglue so I could do a temporary fix. The restaurant here, MAC 24/7 is open 24 hours, hence it's name. You can even get breakfast food any time of day. The adjacent bar here serves drinks til 4 AM, you don't find that too often. There is also an ABC store right across Kuhio(these are everywhere in Waikiki). I had Rm. 3619, which faces the city and is on the corner of the building. The big plus is much more balcony, it wraps around the building and gives you much more room to move around in. The other balconies are very small, only enough space for the 2 chairs and not much else. There isn't much sideways privacy, as the balconies are projected outward, you could shake hands with your next door neighbor if you really wanted to. And you can see straight along the line of decks end to end on your floor. The rooms here are very modern, typical Hilton style, and have 2 centered ice-like glass panels that face into the main room from the bathroom. Luckily, there are blinds on the inside. The color palate of the main room is lighter: yellow's, beige's and off whites. As others have stated, the closet is inside the bathroom, not as big a deal for a single person. But a 4 person family might find this inconvenient at times when someone is showering. The bathrooms do get very humid when the shower is on because the ceilings are lower, which brings me to the shower itself. It is a slight step up and is very short inside!!! Not a problem for a smaller person like me, but anyone well over 6 foot will have some issues. The beds here are more firm and not plush like a feather bed or pillow top. I woke up with a nasty kink in my shoulder one day. I noticed that some of the HD channels on the TV would lag badly at times as well. And as stated by others, the hallways and elevators are not air conditioned, but they do smell very clean. I do think the elevators could use an interior makeover to something more stylish and chic, what's in there now looks quite tacky for a Hilton. And I know it's for security reasons, but you have to use your key card to access any floor with rooms, even to go from a high floor to the 10th, where the pool and sun deck are. This is very annoying as it is an extra step every time, except going to the lobby. Mainly because the card reader thing does NOT always work right!! It took me three tries at times to get it to work, and I had seen other people from lower floors miss their landing because of that stupid reader and these elevators are very fast. Overall, this is a nice place with great views, friendly staff, good food and a pleasant garden courtyard. For a stopover hotel, it works very well. Not sure if I would make it my mainstay in Honolulu if I have a choice as it's not a resort, but that's just me.

Room Tip: Ask for room # XX18 or 19 when booking, as these are on corners and you will get much more balcony s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelye828
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When I arrived in August 2012, I realized it was the same place I went to years ago. I went there in June 2005 and it was the Raddison back then. They definitely upgraded the rooms and the hotel is now in much better shape than it was back then. The beds are probably the most comfortable ones you can find. The location is great, about a 5 minute walk to the beach. Here, you're close to diamond head and the nightlife.

Room Tip: Beach view works best ;)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo