“Very Good stay in Waikiki”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay in Waikiki, which is a place that's not really worth going super high end. All the interest in the area is the shopping, the beach, and the sights rather than a place you're going to spend a lot of time on hotel property. The rooms are clean, nicely renovated and service is friendly. The location is good - a block or so away from the action, which makes it a bit quieter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to Waikiki. It thrills us when we hear great things about the entire hotel, especially the staff. I hope you had safe travels home. Aloha and Mahalo!

Thomas Foti

Write a ReviewReviews (4,687)

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is slightly back from the beach although our 'partial sea view' room had a great view. The room was descent size and very good standard, the outdoor pool on the 10th floor was great. The fitness room was ok for a hotel having both cardio equipment and some weights. Was surprised that WiFi was not available in our room is as an optional extra. The hotel was extremely clean and spacious the MAC 24/7 meant that we could fit mealtimes in with our jet lag.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the recommendation and all the splendid words you provided. I am excited to hear you enjoyed all we have to offer, I am also happy to say that the hotel went completely wireless as of June 1st, so the next time you come back there will be no issue. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had 5 nights in March and enjoyed my stay in this functional Hotel. In typical Hilton style the Hotel was welcoming and the rooms were supurb with extremely comfy beds. The location is one block back from the beach which is no issue and a 10 minute walk to all the hustle bustle of Waikiki. I enjoyed the fact this was more of an adult Hotel without hordes of screaming kids!! I asked for an upgrade which I didn't receive which was disappointing as the view to the beach would have been great!! The bar is impersonal but ideal for a quick drink before heading out.
The staff were friendly and helpful and I will have no hesitation staying here again!
Aloha!!

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Aloooooha! And thank you for the thrilling review. I couldn’t be more pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves to the fullest and that you found the staff to be friendly. Sorry about the availability of an upgrade, we have been running very high occupancy since the beginning of the year, hopefully the next time you come back we will be able to get you that view of the Pacific. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I've been trying several different hotels around the Waikiki Beach area (up to 5 so far) The Hilton Waikiki Beach is my favorite so far.

Hiltons always offer great beds and nice rooms - this hotel was even better. I took a mountain view room which was cheaper and still could see beautiful rainbows from my lanai (balcony) after a quick afternoon rain. Has a fun lounge chair and really good size built in flat screen. Super big bathroom. Staff had the usual Aloha spirit found on the islands and bell staff was particularly helpful because they get alot of cars and taxis moving thru.

Only down side was their business center was not fully functional since one 1 of the 3 computers actually worked with the printer so I had to wait to print my boarding pass. Minor inconvenience.

I am definitely staying there again next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GFInow

Mahalo for the 5 star review and the wonderful words, we appreciate your personal #1 ranking for our property in Waikiki. The mountain view is also my favorite, and I will be sure to let the staff know that they are doing a fantastic job on spreading the Aloha spirit. Thank you once again and we will see you when you come back!

P.S. All Business Center computers have been fixed now…apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have to say I read mix reviews before booking this hotel and decided to go for it. I have to say I am glad I did. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach which isn't bad at all. They do have a quite little pool which is nice. It can be breezy but really that's not the hotel fault. I did ask for an upgraded room and did not receive one. I do wish I did because the room was a little small. But with that said the room was very clean and the beds were so cozy to sleep in. Every worker I spoke with was very kind. I read a lot of complaints about the lounge and I have to say there is nothing to complain about. I thought it was pretty nice. True you cant see the beach from the lounge but big deal. I think the location of the lounge is fine. The hotel decor is pretty nice to. I am a diamond member so I am not sure if there is a charge for the internet but to park the car it's $25.00 a night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank nikki721
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for giving us a try, and thank you for the review. Your positive words about the staff, the rooms, and also the executive lounge; it is music to my ears. Hope you had safe travels home, come back to see us again some time. Aloha and Mahalo!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My stay at the Hilton Waikiki Beach was fantastic. I stayed for six days and five nights visiting a friend in Honolulu while celebrating my birthday and loved my time there. From the beginning of the trip with helpful valet and and easy check-in, the hotel staff and atmosphere were helpful, friendly, and calm. I was on a lower floor than I had hoped, however pleasantly surprised to see a partial ocean view from my lanai, and for only being on the sixth floor, my room was fairly quiet. It was clean, with an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed, and large bathroom.
It has a great location. There is an ABC store and bus stop across the street, the beach (there are much better beaches if you're willing to travel a bit) is two easy blocks away, and there are tons of great restaurants and shopping all within walking distance.

The hotel restaurant, Mac 24-7 was great, the Mac Daddy Pancakes were ridiculously large and very good, but I was definitely happy to have simply had a bite and not been the one who ordered them. I only ate there once, but my food was good and in a large portion, and the night I went to the bar for drinks was excellent and very heavy on the vodka (maybe I got lucky, or maybe the bartender just liked me ;) ). Everyone was super friendly, from waitstaff to the front desk, the guys working valet were incredibly friendly and helpful the night I had to myself and wanted to find something to do, the concierge was often busy, but if on the phone would make eye contact and smile to acknowledge guests, and everyone I saw and met from housekeeping was friendly and nice.

The pool however, I didn't quite understand. It is on the tenth floor, small, and every time I went up there to get a towel before heading for the beach, it was practically deserted, usually with one or two people reading and drinking a cocktail, cold, and windy. Any why use a small pool when there are so many beaches to visit? I was constantly battling with my key cards. Frequently I had to attempt to slide my keys multiple times at the elevator, my room, and the pool. I even went to the front desk to check and make sure they were fully functional, I don't know what the deal was with those.

I loved my time in Hawaii and would love to stay there again (I'm considering coming back in October) but my only hesitation with staying at Hilton Waikiki Beach next time is I was only in my room long enough to sleep and shower. We were constantly on the go, beaches on the East Shore, North Shore, hiking and walking all over the place, I don't feel like I got my money's worth.. Each night I was so tired I'd shower, then collapse into bed. That bed was wonderful... If I can book a good deal each time, I would love to be a frequent visitor.

If you're looking for things to do, the concierge is definitely helpful, but I his suggestions are definitely touristy (Arizona, tourist spots on the North Shore, popular hiking spots, shopping, the zoo), talk to the people working the front desk, the bartenders and waitstaff, and the valets. Since I was there by myself and visiting a friend, I did have some time to kill by myself and they had some great suggestions. Five nights wasn't enough and I can't wait to come back and see more!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dislikescreennames00

Wonderful! We can’t wait for you to come back either!! Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your stay and the hotel. I am genuinely thrilled to hear all the great things you mentioned about the property and everything that you got to do on your visit. I will be sure to let all the staff know that they have made an outstanding impression on you. I, myself, still can’t get over how big those pancakes are, and do you believe that there are people that can finish all of them?? Thank you again for the review, and please come back to visit us soon. Aloha and Mahalo!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Don't expect 5 star service and surroundings here but a functional hotel with good service. I was upgraded to a beach view and also have executive lounge access. Breakfast in the lounge is not of high quality but the staff are eager to please. Had dinner one night in the restaurant - not outstanding but edible and tasty. Again nice service. The beach is one block away. I visited the other Hilton in Honolulu which was huge, impersonal and over run with people. I am glad to have stayed at this Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iglortho

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. It excites me to hear that you have nothing but good things to say about our service. We strive to continually create outstanding experiences for our guests. I do want to apologize that the lounge and restaurant did not “wow” you, but I would like to share with you that we are in the process of changing a few things from a selection perspective that should create a more impressive experience. I too am glad you stayed at this Hilton. Aloha and Mahalo!