“OK”

Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
London, England.
“OK”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Like others before us it seems, we reserved this hotel thinking we had booked the Hilton Hawaiian Village where we stayed previously. The Hilton Waikiki Beach of course is a downtown Waikiki property without the private beach and other amenities its sister property enjoys. That said, this was a pleasant enough stay. We were allocated an ocean view room on the 33rd floor with great views. Although quite small, the room was nicely furnished and in good condition. The hallways and some of the public areas looked like they too had recently been refurbished.

The hotel is one block from busy Waikiki Beach but we enjoyed a morning swimming in the sea there and walking on the (very crowded) sand. On the next day we sat by the hotel pool in the morning which was quite restful - there is a bar space there but it wasn't in use - just a small pool and some sunbeds. By the afternoon this area had become crowded and we chose to move on at that point.

With Hilton Hhonors gold we got complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. This is an uninviting space located in the hotel basement. There's no window outlook or natural light and we found it sterile and soulless. There are canapes form 5-7pm each evening which were ok and a small buffet breakfast. Soft drinks are self serve from a dispensing machine into plastic cups - not very impressive.

The hotel staff we met were all fine - no one went out of their way with welcomes or help but there were no service disasters either.

All in all this was an ok stay and the property would be fine if you want to be close to the busy restaurants, shops and bars of Waikiki Beach. That aside, I'd say the Hilton Hawaiian Village would be a better all round bet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tint7003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 15, 2011

On our arrival we had booked through another site and ended up with a double bed. The beds were small. Tried to get a king and supposedly there were none available. They did get us a king the following two nights. The jacuzi is small and low jets the pool is average. Overall not that impressed with the Hilton line anymore. Much better value and more personality out there these days.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Mraschio
Riverside, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 12, 2011

You will feel like your staying first class! My husband and I were on the 24th floor and faced the ocean. Just beautiful. The bathroom was gorgeous! and extremely clean. The room was immaculate! Bed was so comfortable, and after a 12 hour flight from Boston it was like heaven!
The restaurant off of the lobby was great for breakfast and late night snacks! Their room service was wonderful. Just being in Waikiki was great and walking around and seeing the sights were great! You must climb Diamond Head.

From there we went to Maui, the road to Hana was fantastic. Don't miss it.
Take the tour, don't drive it yourself, you won't get to enjoy it as much. Too much to say about it, just experience it.

Hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: It's all in what you want. The view from other sides have their charm also.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda14Riverside4
NickCasabar, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Brenda14Riverside, So glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel and highlighting our beautifully appointed rooms and restaurant. I am very pleased that your stay felt First Class. I see that you also enjoyed Maui, its been awhile since I've visited but from what I remember you are correct its fantastic.
Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Until then....take care!
Warm Regards, Nick Casabar
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The friendliness, the service, the room, the food the view from the balcony
it was incredible and hard to forget. We will go back soon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Of all the available hotels in the Waikiki Beach area this would be my last choice to stay at again. Even thou I’m a Hilton Honors Diamond member I would never recommend you stay here. The hotel is old and it shows yet they charge more then hotels closer to the beach. The rooms are mediocre at best with a 60’s style. Mold in the bathroom and dirty carpets. There are very limited amenities in the hotel and the staff was less then pleasant. There is one restaurant that is more of a dinner then a restaurant and the prices are that of a five star restaurant. I was traveling with a co-work that stayed across the street at the Marriot and he paid half what I did and the hotel was far better with many amenities. It’s too bad since the Hilton has always had a great reputation. I guess you can’t just live on reputation for ever.

Room Tip: As a Diamond member of Hilton Honors I was in one of the best rooms(so they said)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank wmlipe
Vilonia, Arkansas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was a very nice hotel. Had a nice lobby. It was close to the beach (approx 2 blocks away). Within easy walking distance to beach, shops and food places. I wish it had had a microwave in the room. I also wish that there was a laundry on the premises. I had to go to a public laundry mat that was down the street. Otherwise, It was a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed September 7, 2011

As others have mentioned, the hotel is not directly on the beach but a couple of blocks away on Kuhio avenue which is a bit less congested than Kalakaua where the major beachfront properties are.

I arrived by noon and being a Silver Hhonors member, I checked in at the line designated for Hhonors members. The agent who waited on me was efficient but rather robotic. I was advised that my reservation has been upgraded and that a room was already available. I appreciated the earlier availability which made things much more convenient. Perhaps my expectations were a bit high having read some previous reviews praising the stellar customer service but I did not get the sense of being overly welcomed as a valued guest. To the property's credit, I was very thankful to be upgraded from a KING BED CITY VIEW to a 2 DBL BEDS EXEC OCEANVIEW the day before my arrival when I checked my reservation online. When I read the description of my new room on the hotel's site, it stated that executive level rooms have access to the private Concierge lounge. Upon asking about this feature at the front desk, the agent reiterated again that I was already given a complimentary upgrade and access to the lounge was not included. Her answer felt like a rebuttal for an entitlement which was never the case. Fair enough since I already got a better room with two beds with a view, so I thanked her and proceeded to take the elevator to my room.

Upon exiting the elevator in the hallway, I came across two housekeepers who said "good morning" upon seeing me. Once inside the room my impression was very positive. The room was tastefully decorated in warm tones with elegant simplicity. The beds were some of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on and the view from the 34th floor was breathtaking. The bathroom sink was spacious and nicely stocked with brand name amenities. There was a closet inside and I thought that the two panels that let natural light inside the bathroom from the room were a nice designing touch. Blinders were installed should one opt for more privacy.

Kudos need to be given to the housekeeping staff for their efficiency and friendliness. Upon returning by 11A one morning, the room was already cleaned up and restocked. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this property and I am very thankful to the management for the generous upgrade that I received.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family