“Great Sushi”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We loved how the sushi came around on the conveyer belt and we could pick what we wanted. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. We actually came back here for a second time during our vacation it was so good!!

• Visited March 2012

Sanford, Florida
“Tough to pick between 4 and a 5”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I really liked this place. It's the first "conveyor belt sushi" restaurant I've been to and I loved the style. Some of the rolls weren't the best I've had, but in general it seemed high quality. They said they had a strict rule against outside food but my friend has a shrimp allergy they couldn't guarantee they could protect against, so they were kind enough to let us bring in a burger for her.

They weren't super attentive to keeping our drinks filled but the service was generally friendly and helpful. The decor seems somewhat dinner style, very VERY casual. The price is hard to judge on, I feel like we ate a ton of sushi for a good price, but given the causal atmosphere, with the cafeteria feel style and inability to order to your specifications, I'd say it was about right.

Definitely recommend a stop by, it was hard to pick between a 4 and a 5 on this one, as it is hard to compare against some of the real '5's I've had restaurant wise. But since they were somewhat accommodating and a good price for some great sushi with a fun theme, I had to bump them up.

• Visited February 2012
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Tasty, fun and even something for the non-sushi eater”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Fun place to eat, had to wait for a booth for our party of 4. Friendly staff, reasonable prices and one of our group did not like sushi and there were many item they could order

• Visited December 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Tasted great, lots of fun and economical”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had never been to a conveyer belt type of sushi bar before and was determined to find one when I visited Hawaii. Genki had a large local following so it peaked my interest and I was thoroughly impressed with it. I started with miso soup then worked my way through numerous plates of sushi and other dishes until I had a respectable pile in front of me. When I got the bill it was somewhere around $10 and I was absolutely stuffed. The conveyer belt concept is a lot of fun and lets you try things you might not choose to just from reading the name and since there were a lot of people there all of the items were extremely fresh. I enjoyed it so much that I went back to eat the day of my flight as the last place I ate before I left. Try it!

Visited November 2010
Los Angeles, CA
“Sushi via conveyer belt”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our family wife, daughter age 18, daughter age 8, son age 5, grandma grandpa and grand aunt. We actually visited in July 2010 for lunch because there was no parking for the Hawaiian restaurant across the street. (Ono ). Although I had been to this type of restaurant before, a sushi bar with a conveyer belt, my family had not and were quite interested in seeing how it worked. We were seated quite quickly without reservations being made. The waitress took our drink order right away and the ordering began. Actually the grabbing of the sushi from the conveyer belt began. The way this is set up is that the sushi is prepared in the center of the restaurant where the kitchen is located. A large conveyer belt surrounds the kitchen. The tables surround the kitchen and the conveyer belt like an outer ring. The sushi is placed on the conveyer belt as it is made and the customer simply grabs it off the belt. Price is determined by the color of the dish on which the particular piece of sushi sits. You can also order stuff off the menu. The sushi quality was good. The variety of sushi was very good. The prices were reasonable. The kids were entertained by the belt and they actually ate quite a bit because of that. Usually they are picky. Overall it was a good experience as the prices were also reasonable. The service was good. There was adequate parking In the dedicated parking lot.

• Visited August 2010