“Great surprise”

Ranked #704 of 2,339 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: This place is amazing. TripAdvisor needs to list this. My family and I visited Serg's yesterday and the kids are hooked. We'll be making another trip for the Mexico City style tacos before our flight on Sunday. Yelp.com has them rated and the reviews are great. Please do this wonderful restaurant a great service and list them for anyone visiting the Honolulu/Waikiki area. Great food, friendly staff and very reasonable prices.... even for Honolulu. Here's the link on Yelp -) http://www.yelp.com/biz/sergs-mexican-kitchen-honolulu Thank you!!!!
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wandered in here on our first day and loved it. Great garlic shrimp and good fish tacos. Atmosphere is basic but food and price make up for it. Shrimp is great.

• Visited July 2013

Oradell, New Jersey
“Best Mexican food I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went here for dinner and there was a line and about a 20 minute wait once you put in your order; the place was packed. We had time on our hands and didn't mind hanging out. Once we got our food, it was absolutely worth it. I had a massive Flauta and even though it was way too much food, I just couldn't stop eating. We also happened to be there on Cinco de Mayo and they were offering free cake while supplies lasted. It was like a party! My only warning is about parking. Once their tiny lot fills up, you'll be looking everywhere for a spot. We ended up parking on a residential street several blocks down.

Visited May 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been cautious of going to anything that claims to be Mexican since I moved out here, but I do have to say... this place is good! I ordered the pork carnitas flautas are DE-LIC-IOUS. Really, when you are in Hawaii, you can almost never go wrong with the pork. The place is super relaxed, and they even have Mexican coke with the bottle opener on the side of the building. Place is awesome to go to by yourself or in a group. I loved it-- will definitely be coming back!

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A little slice of Mexico in Hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place was SO GOOD. At first I was a bit hesitant to get Mexican food in Hawaii (Really???). But I'm so glad I let my husband talk me into it. Their fish tacos are incredible, as were their nachos. Everything was fresh and made-to-order. If you drive past this place on your way to the north shore, make sure to stop in!

Visited March 2013
Key West, Florida
“Authentic Mexican food in Waimanalo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Husband and I ate here for the second time yesterday. One of those great finds in a very casual setting. We love Mexican food and couldn't find anything decent on the island. Serg's is a small place, order food at the outside windows, several tables inside with a salsa bar. My pork carnitas burrito is the best I had in years. Pork is moist and flavorful. Couldn't begin to eat all of the rice and beans it came with. Beans are very authentic, not like the light brown soupy ones found in most Mexican restaurants. Husband had the tacos el pastor, best he had since eating them in Mexico City, years ago. They are the real deal. Be sure to order the churros, They come out at the end of the meal, all warm and full of cinnamon goodness. Staff is friendly and prompt. Only a few parking places, can be a tight fit. Prices are reasonable, especially for Hawaii.

Visited March 2013