“Love it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #749 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: This place is amazing. TripAdvisor needs to list this. My family and I visited Serg's yesterday and the kids are hooked. We'll be making another trip for the Mexico City style tacos before our flight on Sunday. Yelp.com has them rated and the reviews are great. Please do this wonderful restaurant a great service and list them for anyone visiting the Honolulu/Waikiki area. Great food, friendly staff and very reasonable prices.... even for Honolulu. Here's the link on Yelp -) http://www.yelp.com/biz/sergs-mexican-kitchen-honolulu Thank you!!!!
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been cautious of going to anything that claims to be Mexican since I moved out here, but I do have to say... this place is good! I ordered the pork carnitas flautas are DE-LIC-IOUS. Really, when you are in Hawaii, you can almost never go wrong with the pork. The place is super relaxed, and they even have Mexican coke with the bottle opener on the side of the building. Place is awesome to go to by yourself or in a group. I loved it-- will definitely be coming back!

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“A little slice of Mexico in Hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place was SO GOOD. At first I was a bit hesitant to get Mexican food in Hawaii (Really???). But I'm so glad I let my husband talk me into it. Their fish tacos are incredible, as were their nachos. Everything was fresh and made-to-order. If you drive past this place on your way to the north shore, make sure to stop in!

Visited March 2013
Key West, Florida
“Authentic Mexican food in Waimanalo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Husband and I ate here for the second time yesterday. One of those great finds in a very casual setting. We love Mexican food and couldn't find anything decent on the island. Serg's is a small place, order food at the outside windows, several tables inside with a salsa bar. My pork carnitas burrito is the best I had in years. Pork is moist and flavorful. Couldn't begin to eat all of the rice and beans it came with. Beans are very authentic, not like the light brown soupy ones found in most Mexican restaurants. Husband had the tacos el pastor, best he had since eating them in Mexico City, years ago. They are the real deal. Be sure to order the churros, They come out at the end of the meal, all warm and full of cinnamon goodness. Staff is friendly and prompt. Only a few parking places, can be a tight fit. Prices are reasonable, especially for Hawaii.

Visited March 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“Very surprised at the taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Being from Arizona our party of 4 was hesitant to try this place. It had come recommended to us so we set off for a dinner treat.

I got the carnitas flauta which was delicious. Hubby had the carnitas burro which he enjoyed. Our daughter got the chicken chimi which she said was very good. Our son in law got the steak nachos which were not a hit. Too much fat on the meat was his complaint.

Don't expect a fancy restaurant--it is not. But the food was very, very good and worth the drive from Kailua to Manoa. We will definately go there again and I will get the flauta for sure.

Visited February 2013
Santa Monica, California
“all about tacos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I had tacos at this place, twice.
She liked her pork tacos. I tried pork tacos and fish tacos. The second time I asked them not to fry my tortillas because they make them “swim in grease” 
To their credit, they warmed my tortillas and that made tacos much better 
The place is very simple indeed, but they also make their own salsas (several kinds) and those are very good indeed.

• Visited November 2012