“Fun and yummy experience”
Review of Hawaiiana Cafe

Hawaiiana Cafe
Ranked #573 of 2,492 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant in the Waikiki area--evidently only about 4 months old. It is next to the Hard Rock Cafe. The phone number is 808-772-8879.
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Though it's a small restaurant, it packs a huge punch! From our server to the best sushi I've EVER had.... I would go back to Hawaii just to eat here. Everyone is friendly and more than willing to help you choose the perfect meal! From the tempura shrimp to the hot n sour soup, my husband and I were in food heaven!

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were originally going to eat at Arancino's but the wait was waaaaaaay too long and we didn't have a reservation. That coupled with the obviously flustered employee managing the wait list made us walk away. Right across the street we found this little hole in the wall called Hawaiiana Cafe. It was a nice surprise. The server was incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was very good, and the ambience was very laid back. A sharp contrast to the afore mentioned Italian place.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the best sushi places I have experienced In the last 5 years... Small mom and pop restaurant with great food and service. Closed on Sundays .

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found this place on Yelp in trying to see if there are any North Shore like garlic shrimp place in Waikiki. It wasn't too far of a trek from our hotel so we decided to give it a try. We did the North shore trip trucks the day before and I was still craving it. This sushi restaurant was pretty nestled in a small hotel so we may have missed it if it wasn't for the wooden sign outside. The restaurant itself is very small and quaint with about 4 tables inside and 3-4 tables outside. We ordered 3 crab handrolls for our 4 and 8 yr old, a garden salad, a garlic shrimp plate and a shoyu ahi poke. The handrolls were enormous and was the same price (~$3.75/roll) as the rolls on the mainland sushi places. The garlic shrimp was $15 (same price as Giovanni's shrimp truck) and just almost as tasty as Macky's shrimp truck. The poke was the freshest I have tasted. This place is an absolute gem!!! From the outside, you would not have guessed how great the food is. Kept craving the poke for days after that. So sad we didn't have a chance to come back. If we had stayed a little closer, I would have come there everyday. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great variety of sushi in this highly informal, tucked away little bistro. A big relief after "Gucci Row" tourist restaurant prospects.