“awesome!”
Review of Shimazu Store

Shimazu Store
Ranked #36 of 109 Dessert in Honolulu
Description: Shimazu’s serves the finest shave ice on Oahu with 70+ exclusive handcrafted syrups to choose from. http://www.yelp.com/biz/shimazu-store-honolulu for their reviews.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Forget going to the North Shore for shave ice, you can get AMAZING shave ice right in Honolulu! Shimazu's syrups are all homemade and absolutely fantastic. My favorite is Red Velvet (regular, not the creme) and I'm not even a fan of red velvet cake. But red velvet shave ice? Yes, please! Mojito is a nice, light flavor and they have several different coffee flavors. Of course, they have a huge selection of fruit flavors, as well. I'm personally not a fan of the cremes but everything else I've tried is simply wonderful You can't go wrong at Shimazu's. And fyi, the "small" is pretty darn big! There is no seating inside and just one bench outside but it really isn't a big deal at all. You don't exactly need to sit down to enjoy shave ice :D

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We heard so much about shave ice, that we decided to do a taste test. For 3 days we tried 3 different shave ice places that people told us were "the best". We went to the North Shore and tried Matsumoto's. Tried Waiola where our hotel sent us, then tried Shimazu. There really was no comparison!! Shimazu had the best flavors and the line wasn't ridiculous. As an added bonus, their small was bigger than the other guys large. Our hotel had never even heard of it, but we fixed that!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Today my friends took me to this little hole-in-the-wall shave ice shop. Having just had Ululani's shave ice in Lahaina (utterly delicious!), my expectations were low. What a surprise~this was a heavenly(!) shave ice with azuki beans and red velvet, coconut, and pina colada flavors! Next time I'll try the coconut and condensed milk, like I had at Ululani's. Today was a totally super experience! Can't wait to go back. And there was a crowd of customers waiting for it to open today, a Sunday... What a well kept secret here in Honolulu...

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We came after hours, but they were nice enough to give us a huge helping of rainbow shave ice with beans....soooo good. Well worth going, even if there is no parking. Good stuff!!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want the finest shaved ice, not chunky or chopped ice, Shimazu's is the best. Lots of flavors to choose from, generous portions. The employees could be a little more friendly and courteous.