“Worth every penny!”

and up
Oahu Shore Excursion: Rainforest Hiking Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike Hawaii has been providing award winning guided eco-tours to remote parts of Oahu since 1999. We offer much more than just bike tours.. We have expanded our eco-adventures from the Rainforest to the Reef to share the very best of natural Hawaii. Experiences include hiking, biking, kayaking, sailing and snorkeling with full service transportation, delicious lunches and quality gear and stunning locations.
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Had made reservations before we left home. Friends decided to go with us and were able to get reservations the night before the tour. Was picked up and greeted by our guide Jeremy. Very knowledgable, and made the tour great fun. Will do this tour again when we come back to Hawaii.

1  Thank Shanna O
"great guide"
in 7 reviews
"our tour guide"
in 11 reviews
"great view of diamond head"
"great afternoon"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked through "Adventuremaui.com" but it was a "BikeHawii.com" tour. We did the waterfall hike first and we were luck in the fact that it had been dry, Dry for a rainforest, I wore my own shoes full expecting them to get muddy and they did. it was a good hike but I had my 6 and 8 year old sons with me who did it no problem (maybe better then the adults since they thought it was so cool). The waterfall was very pretty but our guide (Jeremy) made the difference. He stopped a couple times allowing the group to get back together and he talked about the plants and area we were in.
We had time to stop at a park for a bathroom break before going up a different peak for our bike and lunch. The bike was great and very nice views. Lunch was Deli sandwiches (or salad if you opted for it) which, were terrific.
The location of both is pretty close to downtown, we were staying out of town so we met them at the Ala Moana Hotel and it was only a 15 minute drive to the hike and maybe the same to the Bike portion.
Well worth the money for the day trip and.
The only small item I would say is to bring some hand sanitizer. The bathrooms we were able to stop at the park had water but no soap and you stop half way through your bike for your lunch with no running water or soap. Not that this detoured us from eating just would have been nice to have.

2  Thank Clinton Q
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I recently did the all-day "from rainforest to reef" tour, which included a hike in the rainforest, downhill bike ride and snorkelling off Waikiki from a sail-boat. We had Mattias as our guide all-day, who had great information about the sights and led us extremely well. The rainforest hike was everything they advertised, and we saw a lot. The hike was quite muddy as predicted. I was the only one on our tour to wear my own hiking shoes, and I was glad. The others did not complain but I felt more in control with good-fitting (water-proof) shoes and my hiking pole. The bike ride was not as exciting but still had great views, and was an easy ride down a paved road. The snorkelling was fun, and we had about an hour in the water. Not as great as the great barrier reef, but a fun time anyways. I highly recommend the day tour as a way to experience much of the outdoors, and get away from the city (even though you are never more than 5 miles from the city) - it was great fun.

2  Thank will-from-Calgary
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend love to do things outside, etc in general and especially when on vacation. This sounded like a good package. Matese was our guide who was very informative, high spirited and accommodating. The hike was excellent, the biking was lame, as an avid cycler I was disappointed, this ride took us downhill 5 miles with some old lady hitting infront of me hitting the brakes the entire time (thumbs down). The sail/snorkeling excursion was unforgettable. I'm afraid of the water (and snorkeling) and never dared to do it. The snorkel guide (not Matese) was very patient and supportive and took his time helping me get past my fear. Once I did, I enjoyed this part of the excursion IMMEASURABLY! Not to be missed. I saw plenty of fish below and was almost nose to nose with a 300 lb turtle.