“Fantastic Experience!”

Hanauma Bay Private Dive Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanauma Bay Dive Tours offers a guided snorkel tour and scuba diving at Hanauma Bay. Tours are offered on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Groups are small. The guided snorkel tour has a maximum of five people with one instructor. The beginner scuba dive has a maximum of four people with one instructor. We go to the best areas of the bay where you can see turtles and schools of tropical fish.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took the tour with my husband and family in September of 2012 and we all loved it! We saw lots of beautiful fish and turtles, were given a small, private tour and taken care of from the time we arrived at the office until the time we left. Definitely recommend to visitors on the island. It's a phenomenal bay with spectacular views and sea-creatures!

1  Thank my123_12

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Alan and Fumio are very nice and take good care of everyone on the tour. This tour is more expensive than other snorkel tours to Hanauma Bay because you are provided with more than a ride & snorkel gear. Instead, you will snorkel with a guide and groups are limited to 10 (with two instructors). Cost does not include entrance to the park ($7.50). This tour is a very good option for those who are not familiar to snorkeling. Also, Alan takes photos of everyone and of the fish, then posts them on Facebook. The photos were fun to download and then share with friends and family. They provide all of the gear, including swim vests and nice snorkels. They have a lock box where you can put your belongings. With two instructors, we divided up according to swim ability. My only warning is that Alan was so intent on making sure that we saw a sea turtle that it felt at times I felt a bit rushed to keep with him even when I wanted to take another look at some incredible fish swimming beneath me. So, if your idea of snorkeling is to float on the water and watch the fish go by, it may not be the best choice for you. After snorkeling, there are snacks (different chips, crackers, soft drinks and water) for you, as well as a beach mat. Hanauma Bay is incredibly beautiful; definitely worth a visit. Weaker swimmers can stay in the shallower areas.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We took the snorkeling tour in early December. It was amazing. Firstly, Hanauma Bay on its own is a sight to be seen. But going underwater made it even more spectacular. Allyn was a great tour guide. He kept the group small and gave everyone the individual attention they needed. He met us at the gate of the park, made sure we were all comfortable in our equipment, took underwater pictures for us, had snacks at the end of the tour and the list goes on. On the tour itself, he made sure to point out sea turtles, eels and different types of fish. Definitely an adventure worth booking!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My idea of a perfect vacation is basking in air-conditioning with a cocktail in hand while listening to good music. I was taken aback when my wife told me, "Get ready, tomorrow we're doing nature" on our recent Hawaiian vacation. I had no clue what to expect...

The next morning, we showed up in the lobby of our hotel and Allyn picked us up for a morning adventure of snorkeling. I was quite impressed with the customer service and overall experience. Allyn took care of everything. Both Wife and I had never snorkeled before, so his patience was really appreciated.

I did not expect to have such a great time! The whole experience was incredible! I only wish it would have been a longer session. Wife and I could have stayed all day. The amenities you get for the price can't be beat: transportation to and from the bay; training; equipment; guided tour; snacks; AND pictures of the dive. This is a top notch operation!

Here's a tip: take the morning snorkel tour. You get to Hanauma Bay before the big crowds. Wife and I went in the afternoon later in our trip and it was packed.

I have since told several friends about Hanauma Bay Dive Tours. I can't wait to snorkel again on our next visit! Thanks, Allyn!

1  Thank DrTaitMartin
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in Oahu in June of 2012 and part of my scheduled activities was a snorkel tour with Hanauma Bay Dive Tours. My overall experience was fantastic! The one guide actually helped me out tremendously with my mother and daughter. I overestimated my mothers ability and while I walked her to back to shore the guide stayed in the shallower area with my 8 year old daughter to snorkel while the rest of our group moved on to the more advanced snorkel area. When I returned from shore the guide stayed with us and made sure we were okay. I really appreciated his help! I will be bringing my son on the next trip in the summer and best believe I will be scheduling a tour with Hanauma Bay Dive Tours! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!!