“very expensive”

Il Lupino Trattoria & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Lupino Trattoria & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seaside Avenue
Description: Welcome to Il Lupino Trattoria and Wine Bar, created by famed New York restaurateur Wolfgang Zwiener, serving delicious, authentic Italian cuisine in a relaxing, yet sophisticated atmosphere, featuring indoor and outdoor bar and dining and a Salumeria featuring imported Italian cheeses, hand-cut meats that pair superbly with our wines by the glass list. While growing up in Europe, Wolfgang Zwiener discovered his passion for true Italian cuisine. In Italy, the locals would affectionately call him "Il Lupino", meaning "Little Wolf". It became his dream to open an Italian restaurant that would offer all his favorite dishes from Italy. That dream came to fruition in December 24th, 2010, when Wolfgang and his son, Peter, proudly opened their flagship Il Lupino Trattoria and Wine Bar at the Royal Hawaiian Center, in the heart of Waikiki. They hope you will enjoy the delicious Italian food created with love, dedication and passion. You might even meet Wolfgang himself in the restaurant while you are visiting. Pasta is prepared daily fresh and all our product comes directly from the Island. Lustful creations incorporating the fresh local seasonal produce, imported Italian cheeses, hand-cut meats and a variety of seafood accented with hand-made pastas. Our team is committed to exceeding expectations as they delight and satisfy while creating a memorable dining experience. Featuring wines from around the world our award winning selections enhance our cuisine and your experience. Focused primarily on Italian and Domestic selections we have something for every wine enthusiast!
Muri, Cook Islands
“very expensive”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

never in my life have we paid US$28.00 for 2 cups of coffee (including a $4 tip) very disappointed, that was our second visit, it is a shame because the first time we went there the food was great but the waitress complained about being on $7.00 per hour!!!

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This trattoria and wine bar is located in the Royal Hawaiian Centre and looks out over a lush tropical garden area. There is seating both inside and outside. On two consecutive days my wife and I had breakfast there. On the first occasion it was a random selection the second because of the ambience and the food. After being away from Australia for two weeks my wife was so pleased that she could have multigrain toast for breakfast we had to return.

A perfect place for breakfast and while we were not there for an evening meal or drinks I am confident it would very pleasant.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank david e
Phoenix, Arizona
“Lovely patio but disappointing food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Ate here 2 years ago and really liked it; this time not so much.
Boring short ribs plunked down in the middle of polenta that has solidified on the plate as it must have sat for some time under the lamps. Flavorless: both meat and polenta, and at $34 a very poor value. Carpaccio di tonno starter ($14) lacked flavor; saved only by the arugula in a light vinaigrette that dressed the greens.
For these prices - not worth it.
Have a drink and a snack on the lovely patio for happy hour, then eat somewhere else for dinner.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ncarol
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great expectations but...”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great expectations lead to disappointment, sometimes..and this was the case, we went earlier to look at the menu and the location looked promising. We didn't like the service that much, and the food was average. It is pricey so we were expecting more. It has a great location and sitting outside was nice but we didn't receive the service we were looking for. I got disappointed since it was out last night in Hawaii (Honeymoon) and I wanted to thank my husband for the trip, we could have done better, I am sure...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank landscapechaser
Kailua, Hawaii
“Good Food, but Bad Service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband had business visitors in town so we decided to take them to Il Lupino's for dinner. There's was a total of 8 of us. Overall, we all enjoyed the food and I liked the ambiance. They have a nice variety of food to include insalate, pastas, seafood dishes, meat dishes, and pizze. Our group ordered Linguine Pescatore, Spagetti Carbonara, filet minon type dish (forgot the name), Cotoletta Capricciosa (veal rib chop), Opaka al Crudo (a fish similar to Snapper), Quattro Formaggi Pizza, Funghi e Spinaci Pizza, Charred Brussel Sprouts, Insalata di Spinaci, and Caprese. Again, all the food was tasty, but this is a higher end restaurant (My husband and I paid about $184 including a glass of wine each and tip - no dessert.) so I was disappointed with how inattentive our server was for this level of restaurant. After we were seated, he asked what type of water we preferred (Still, Sparkling, or Tap). After pooring our water choice and leaving some bread, he took our orders. He never asked if we wanted anything to drink and we didn't see him again for the next 15 minutes. So, I asked another waiter if it would be possible to order some drinks. It was still at least another 10 minutes before our waiter came by to take our drink orders. We were already eating our insalate. After finally getting our drinks, we didn't see our server again until our primary dishes were served since the appetizers and salads were served by another server. Only then, did he stopped by and asked us is there was anything else we needed. When we asked to have the bill separated out by couple/person, he first said no. I think he was kidding because after I gave him a dirty look, he quickly amended his response to "of course" and smiled. I was already annoyed at his inattentiveness. So, his possible attempt at humor was lost on me. We will probably give this restaurant another try because we did like the food and ambiance. I just hope we get a better server because you're not just paying for the food, but the service as well.

• Visited March 2014