“Everything deep fried and salty !”

Side Street Inn Kapahulu
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Date St.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not your place to come for a healthy lunch or dinner. The taste is for the local palate. I am a local here in Honolulu and once was enough. If you’re into high cholesterol and foods that will raise your blood pressure, eat here. If you’re into a healthy diet, avoid this place. One look at the customers here will tell you of their lifestyle. You’ve been forewarned. I left most of the foods our family ordered.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (445)

Reviewed December 24, 2019

Our bus driver told us about this place when we were headed to Leonards...next review. We followed up and really liked this place, which really filled up before we left. Lots of locals here. Our server was great. He explained that it was family style and suggested two meals that the two of us could share. We decided on their popular pork chops. No mistake. Delicious crunchiness on the outside and juicy goodness on the inside, served sliced off the bones. I'd love to have the recipe. We got macaroni salad as a side. I liked it better than my friend did, but I searched my local stores when I got home to find smoky paprika to top it with - I plan to make it (without the potatoes- yeah - potatoes in macaroni salad. It was delicious, but in my opinion the potatoes were not 100% necessary.) I'd order the same meal again. I wish I could! We saved our leftovers for lunch on another day - still good warmed in the hotel microwave, but not as great as when first served. Eat 'em all! (Three pork chops to share.) Value was excellent. I think the chops were $26, which we shared.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019

Son killed his burger, my wife LOVED the potato macaroni salad. The Signature Fried rice was spectacular! It is overwhelming it is not a one or two person plate, but it was great for left overs.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 1, 2019 via mobile

Met family and friends here for dinner. The portions are large...probably not a good place for 2 to eat unless you want to bring home some excellent leftovers. Had the fried rice, which was excellent and not greasy, and also the Kalbi Ribs, which were done perfectly. Drinks and food came fast, very good service. The place is noisy, lots of TVs going and family style, but fun and totally worth the trip. Ask about order size before ordering, they’ll give you some ideas on how many each plate serves. We’ll be back!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 26, 2019 via mobile

Great spot! Worth a little wait. The fried rice, pork chops, garlic chicken, and ribs were all great!

Only downside we experienced was having to pay for soft drink refills.

Will be back!