“Does noise make it 'edgy'”
Review of Morimoto Waikiki - CLOSED

Morimoto Waikiki
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Hobron
Transit: Morimoto Waikiki is on the Red Line for the Honolulu Trolley, exit Discovery Bay. If taking TheBus, the following lines are avaiable 8, 19,20,23,24,42 and E, The Country Express.
Description: Famed Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto brings his seamless integration of Western and Japanese ingredients to his newest restaurant, Morimoto Waikiki. With a focus on top-quality fish and fresh ingredients, everything is prepared in-house from ingredients flown in from Japan four times a week. Our seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations feature the best seafood as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Our refreshing and vibrant ambiance is the perfect backdrop for the remarkable culinary experience that is Morimoto Waikiki. Welcome.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ishi Yaki Buri Bop was delicious, 'angry' chicken cooked with cucumin) spice not specified, giving it an Indian flavor not desired by all, but essentially impossible to converse because of the very high noise level not explained by any particularly noisy individual tables.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The waiter was condescending and rude. I asked for ranch dressing, he said they did not have it, they did. I asked for a special preparation, he said "it depends". When I told him what I wanted, he said "not going to happen". He treated another person at my table poorly as well. The manager was not much better. Other staff were kind.

Advice to the waiter: either find a nicer way of saying things or ask the kitchen and know what dressings you have better.

1  Thank Mauiman1982
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent all round. Perfect server, food, sake, dessert and atmosphere. Brilliant way to start of vacation in Hawaii.

1  Thank SJWMc
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The service, meal and atmosphere were an incredible beginning to our stay in Waikiki. It's located inside the Modern Hotel (are really cool place--with unique amenities in the rooms and two cool pools). We sat inside and I had a view of the open kitchen. It was a Sunday night and incredibly busy but the service and food was fabulous. At one point I think I counted 12 chefs in the kitchen!
We shared a variety of appetizers and one entree for our group. My favorite was the cold tuna pizza (doesn't sound good, does it?) but boy, it was tasty! It had three of my favorite ingredients: olives, anchovy and jalapeno on a light tuna and thin crust. Very unusual but yum!

1  Thank FloridaGirl12
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the duck, which was alright, but not as good as I was hoping for. My wife had a beef dish and she shared the same opinion. I had expected a little more, being a Morimoto restaurant, but oh well. Rather expensive as well. Would be a nice place to have appetizers and drinks probably, but you could probably find a nice dinner in Waikiki area for a lot less.

1  Thank DaninAtlanta