“Yummy Beachside Food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a surprise to find this little jewel of a restaurant on a little beachside pier behind a rental shack! The menu is limited but fresh and delicious. Each dish is cooked to order and served with salad and rice. There are three options: steak,teriyaki chicken, or a combo of steak and chicken. There are 3 sizes for the various appetites but the smallest is plenty. Surprising dish for $7. You take your box of yummy lunch and sit on stools in the warm Hawaiian breeze facing Waikiki Beach! A don,t miss for a great lunch or take to the condo dinner. Be sure and put some of that"secret"sauce on your steak!

3  Thank Shimpock
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The steak was very good and flavorful. Many reviews stated that the girl was grumpy so we were determined to make her smile. Went there twice and both girls were pleasant, busy but kind. Got one to smile!! We will be going back before we head home for sure!

Worth the wait!

1  Thank Sarahcatherine1111
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I travel to waikiki a min of twice a year and eat here a couple of times. Big portions, willeven fill up your guy :) Lunch time is always busy cause the locals and the hotel staff eat here too. You gotta give it a try next time you go :) Mahalo

1  Thank ssmolka
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by twice around dinner time (7pm ish) and both times it was closed!
The second time they appeared open (as people where in there) but people where rude and said they were closed.
Not to mention it was almost impossible to find the first time (even the police officer I asked had never heard of this place, even after showing them map).
Can't comment on the food (because I never got to try it) but everything else (location, service, etc) makes up my review.

2  Thank Brett L
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was in Honolulu with a group of friends in May 2013 and we looked for this place based on reviews from TripAdvisor. We found it on the beach while strolling at lunch time and I'm so glad we did. The food was awesome and a great price compared to some of the other places we ate at while in Waikiki. I had a combo, both chicken and steak plate and used the different sauces. I even got a tin cup from the girl in the booth for some extra sauce, grabbed a table in the shade and enjoyed the lunch.

We decided to eat there again during our week long stay and after coming home almost a year later, I still think about the Steak Shack. If only I had something like it in Ohio...

3  Thank Angey413

Been to Steak Shack? Share your experiences!