“Cheap and Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very good and cheap meal just a few steps to the beach.
Joe was good, but the woman (I don't know her name) who takes the orders must be more friendly and patient with no-native speakers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I come to the island 3-4 times per year and this time I brought my wife along to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I met her on the beach by the Hale Koe after I finished work one night and decided to find the place I had been reading about on T.A.

So worth the short walk. Friendly front of the shack order taker and friendly side of the shack cook. I had the steak and chicken combo and could not finish it. My wife had the chicken and stalled out with salad and rice left over.

Nothing fancy just well prepared simple food that is delicious.

Eat here; your taste buds will be thrilled, your stomach will be full and your wallet will be happy!

1  Thank Cachims
Reviewed November 4, 2013

After researching so many places, I made a list of spots I wanted to hit in Honolulu based on reviews. Went to Steak Shack and was so impressed, I made it a point to get back there 2 more times before leaving.
Basic shack that sits right on the boardwalk. A spot for a quick snack.
Friendly people behind the counter.
Steak, rice and salad for less than 7 bucks is a great deal. You can upgrade if you want, but the small was enough for me. Steak is tender and very tasty. It didn't even need the teriyaki sauce, but it was recommended by the girl at the counter. I gave it a try and mixed it with the rice...Wow. Salad is basic bagged salad, but it goes so well with the steak plate.
If you're looking for a spot to eat an inexpensive meal that will fill you up and don't feel like going to a tourist spot or a restaurant that will cost a quite bit more, look no further that the steak shack. If you are on the beach and plan to stay there all day or if you are passing through, stop and check out the steak shack - you wont be disappointed!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a long day of travel we stumbled across this place and gave it a try. The steak was delicious and cooked perfectly. Grab your plate when it's ready and find a place to sit and eat right on the beach. A rare bargain... enjoy it!

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place on our last night in Waikiki and we both loved it. Shared a plate of beef, rice and salad all for 6.95 including tax. Will come back again on our next visit.

Been to Steak Shack? Share your experiences!