“Still a good feed for a great price”
Review of Steak Shack

Steak Shack
Ranked #6 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Sydney, Australia
“Still a good feed for a great price”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Suffering from jet lag after our early morning arrival, staying at Waikiki Shore & feeling hungry , but not a going out sit down dinner, so popped downstairs here for steak,salad/dressing & rice....I had chicken. Still as good as last year...tender & tasty...no fatty/gristly bits.
$14 for the 2 of us. Good, hardworking people.

2 Thank RangerJohnn

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Good value, average food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We went the last night of our vacation, and based on all the excellent reviews were expecting a dynamite meal. Instead we discovered a greasy spoon that serves average food. I got the steak meal, my husband got the chicken. The meat was bland and oily. The salad was pain bag lettuce drenched in ranch. The rice was fine. We would recommend this place to someone who is looking for cheap food that will fill you on the beach, but don't expect it to blow your mind.

3 Thank Maren_d17
Las Vegas
“I don't normally do Food Reviews but this one is worthy!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I normally write about my hotel experience on TA but I have to write about the Steak Shack. It's behind the US Army Museum and overshadowed by Subway so if you blink, you will miss it. But when you do find it, it's so great. For less than $9 per person, you can have yourself a nice meal. My husband and I both ordered the steak plate and a couple of drinks - $16.50 total (nice!) and the meal was awesome. They don't skim on portions and steak was full of flavor and cooked just right. The meal comes with a salad too. As I'm writing this, my stomach is grumbling just thinking about it! lol

2 Thank mktg_vixen
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Big bang for you lunch buck”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great steak and chicken, friendly respectful service and a seat on the beach. What could be finer? Try it you can't go wrong.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alan G
Kelowna, Canada
“Great food if you`re on a budget”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We read the reviews and had to try this place. It`s located on the beach near the Army Museum in Waikiki. We had a bit of trouble finding it, but once there, it was well worth it. My wife had the Chicken plate and I had the steak plate. Along with a Pepsi and a tip, we ate our dinner close to the beach for less than $17... that`s total! It`s nothing special... a walk up counter, public washrooms nearby, and outdoor seating, but the tasty food makes it all worthwhile. It doesn`t matter if you`re on a budget or not... you`ve gotta eat here...

1 Thank thelamster