Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $110.00
More Info
from $165.00
More Info
All reviews private lesson catch waves learn to surf two hour lesson surf experience outrigger reef hotel two hours an awesome experience bucket list waikiki beach great pictures paddling instructor hawaii confidence session surfboard
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2019

Operators are very arrogant, and over-promised that everyone can catch a wave at the end. But my son just could not. We switched to 2 other schools and my son caught many waves, some over 100 meters.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Mikeeaglebear
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Our teenage daughters did a two hour lesson in Waikiki beach and had a great experience. Highly recommend the optional photos. The instructor was attentive and took good care of them. Meeting location is on the sand behind the Waikiki Shores Hotel and Outrigger REEF Hotel. They provide black reef shirts and can store your stuff while you surf. Our semi private lesson was $110.00 per person for two hours. They also have a one hour rate. Great experience!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We had a really good time paddle boarding. We were really bad at it, but our instructor made it fun. I didn’t realize getting seasick was a thing on a paddle board, but it is. I would probably take motion sickness pills if you get sick easily like I do. We saw a lot of turtles and it was really fun! We kinda just chilled the last hour and it was nice out instructor didn’t push us.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Had a group session with my kids and the guys were great! There was a mix of experience levels (all minimal) and the kids were all able to catch waves in the lesson. We all had a great time. Thanks

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

My 11 year old daughter had a 2 hour private lesson with Serg today and absolutely loved it. She was up on her first wave and is now hooked. He gave her lots of advice about not only the technique but also staying save around big waves, how to spot a good one etc. Well worth the money and to top it off the photographer with them brilliantly captured the experience which will life with her forever.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

My 15-year-old daughter, 13-year-old son and I were really keen on learning to surf during our stay in Waikiki. When in Hawaii… you’ve GOT to learn to surf! We quickly found out when we came across Gone Surfing Hawaii on the beach, that staff were friendly, efficient, extremely knowledgable and calm! Our instructor, “Serge,” was absolutely amazing. He took all three of us out at once and managed to give us an amazing hour of fun that went by all too fast. Thanks to his quiet confidence in us and his incredible expertise, the kids got up their first try, and I managed to get up on the third! We were all ecstatic! If we were to do it over again, I would definitely book 2 hours! Just a note, it’s a good idea to wear a T-shirt underneath the water shirt, or you can get a little bit of chest rash from the surfboard ! We absolutely recommend this company for high quality surf lessons! Now GO SURF with Gone Surfing Hawaii! ‍♀️

Date of experience: October 2018