“Great Time, Highly Recommend”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
Book In Advance
More Info
$110.00*
and up
Private 2-Hour Surfing Lesson in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Brad did a great job, My wife and I had never surfed before, but Brad quickly had us up. The surfboards are huge. As long as you are confident in the water, I would say give this a try. There is no reason not to if you came all the way to Hawaii.

1  Thank Travel O
"amazing experience"
in 19 reviews
"two hours"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 8 reviews
in 7 reviews
"diamond head"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I both wanted to try surfing when we were in Honolulu and Gone Surfing had good reviews and so we gave them a go. They were great. We did a 2-hour semi private which worked out as less than doing a group lesson by other schools. Our instructor was Jedi who we were really impressed with. He was very knowledgeable and his teaching was very clear. Once he was happy we knew enough to be safe out on the water we went out and spent the rest of the lesson practicing. He'd talk us through each time and provide corrections afterwards. It was a very enjoyable lesson and we both got a lot out of it.
As soon as we got back to where we were staying we booked another lesson for a few days later and this time had Lopaca. Again, he was a great instructor and really knew what he was doing.
We went for the photos for the first lesson and I'd recommend them - the camera men are all really good and they got a number of really good, clear shots of both of us. We also got the DVD right after the lesson which was really fast.

All in all I'd highly recommend Gone Surfing. It's a brilliant experience and everyone I saw taking lessons with them was having a great time.

1  Thank Brendan B
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My teenage son, Josh, had a private lesson with Jedi and walked away from his session with a smile as big as the world itself! Josh's words "Jedi's explanations were detailed and he got down to my level to see how I understood what he was instructing me. He also gave some added information about Oahu". Josh did manage to stand-up and catch a wave or two.
I would also add that the Gone Surfing Hawaii team were super responsive to my queries and explained how the process would work.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and two teenage kids did a surf lesson with Trevor and JoJo just over a week ago. They were fantastic. I booked the day we left Australia and was really happy with the level of customer service from my initial inquiry to the lesson itself. It's good that the beach element of the lesson is only 15 minutes so you have more time in the water.

It was one of the highlights of our trip even though our 13 year old daughter got a bit freaked out half way through so JoJo took her into the beach and looked after her so we could stay out with Trevor and continue surfing.

I look forward to the next time we are in Honolulu so I can book another experience with Gone Surfing.