“Surfs up Hawaii five O big style”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
2-Hour Small Group Stand-Up Paddleboarding Experience
$140.00*
Private Standup-Paddleboard Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I pre booked the surf lesson before setting off from the uk as i had found them highly rated on tripadvisor
It was abit hard to find them on a busy beach area but once found the lesson was great i loved it but boy its hardwork at my age i needed to stop for rests as paddling back out takes it out of your shoulders
They looked after me watched my every move i felt safe and was told what i was doing wrong and how to correct myself which worked
I great 2 hours dont think about it too much just book it up i had the optional photos taken while trying my best
Ive been laughing at my pics ever since

There are newer reviews for Gone Surfing Hawaii

Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a great time with my family today taking surf lessons at Gone Surfing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Theo and Lopaca were excellent at finding waves and helping get us around. We had the pictures taken by the photographer and it was well worth the money. My kids and my wife all had a blast. I would highly recommend this activity to anyone!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had been wanting to book a lesson with Gone Surfing after reading all their great reviews, and I was not disappointed! I rang them up on Saturday 14th of November after a previously planned activity got cancelled, and I was able to get the 3:30pm private lesson. I was emailed directions on how to find Gone Surfing at the beach I did find them there and my instructor was Trevor and Brad was there to take photos. Trevor was awesome, and he taught me how to get up on the surfboard, as well as surfing etiquette. He answered all my questions and calmed my nerves. The pre surf briefing took around 15 minutes and then we went out to surf! Trevor did this awesome thing with his toe and towed me and my board out. He would position me facing the hotel, and tell me when to start paddling, and when I felt the waves come around me he would yell out "STAND UP". On my very first try I actually stood up! It was awesome!! I did fall over a few times and Trevor was helped me back up as well as gave me constructive comments on where I went wrong and how to fix it next time. In the 2 hours of surfing, I think I stood up around 7 times, with 2 of them staying up on the board right til the end and getting back on to the board instead of falling in the water! The 2 hours went by so quickly cos I was having so much fun! When we got back to the beach Brad was there with a DVD of the photos he took for me!
I also met Jojo from Gone Surfing on a different tour, and she really is lovely and gave great restaurant recommendations. I just wish I had more time in Hawaii to do another surfing lesson!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Saw all of their great reviews on here so decided to try them out for our friends and kids this trip. Jojo did not disappoint. Great surfing and fantastic photos to boot (pis are extra charge but worth it). Everyone in our group got up. My buddy's GF was so into surfing that she want to go back to Hawaii next month. Thanks guys.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our 13 and 16 year old teens took two surfing lessons with Jedi. They had a fantastic time. There was a brief 15 minutes overview on land the first day and the rest of the lessons were on water. The kids said Jedi let them know what they were doing well and what would help on the next wave. They company is not part of a big hotel operation and stays away from the bigger crowds on the water. They offer shaded chairs and binoculars for viewing or you go can go next door to the best bar on the beach and have drinks. Although Jedi had the day off for our second lesson, they called him in because they kids requested him. I highly recommend Gone Surfing if you want happy and tired teens.