“Stand Up Paddle Board lessons”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
$110.00*
and up
2-Hour Semi-Private Small Group Surfing Lesson
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Stand Up Paddle Board lessons”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I really had a nice time! The staff is very good, and helpful. The equipments were in excelent conditions. I really recommend!

Tuttle, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best surfing lesson company on Oahu!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you are going to take surfing lessons on Oahu, look no further. Gone Surfing Hawaii is absolutely wonderful! My family of four had 3 instructors. My girls (ages 9 and 21) each had their own private instructor and my husband and I had a semi-private lesson. We were so impressed with the instructors - Trevor, Jedi and Theo. Our 9 year old just adored Trevor! He is fantastic with children and was very patient and sweet. Jedi and Theo also were wonderful instructors that really strived to teach you good technique and make sure you were able to catch the right waves and just enjoy your day in the water. I highly, highly recommend Gone Surfing Hawaii. My 9 year old enjoyed surfing so much, that we took the lessons again two days later!! Thank you Trevor, Jedi and Theo! You guys were the absolute best!!

Pleasant View, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome surfing lesson”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Fantastic first surfing lesson! One of the reasons we chose Gone Surfing Hawaii was because of the short land lesson (only 15 minutes compared to others of 30 minutes or more). This was perfect! We had fantastic staff and got in the water quickly. Was up for a long ride on the first wave I caught. The staff was all fantastic. This was great first surfing lesson! We waited a little long to arrange our lessons; We still got lessons the next day!

Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Having surfed on the north shore a few days ago, we wanted to try our hand at surfing again in Waikiki. My husband and I have been surfing a few times before so we wanted to give shorter longboards a shot. Jojo, who came highly recommended by the concierge at Trump, was fantastic. She brought out 3 boards of various lengths for us to try out at Pops, a 12, 11 and 9 footer. She gave us great tips during the lesson, and is just a very funny and charismatic person to hang out with, while maintaining a level of professionalism at all times. Perfect combination, really. Gone surfing deserves its status as the #1rated activity in Waikiki.

She also gave us great restaurant tips too!

Boston, Ma.
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Excellent (and successful) Lesson”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I had a 2 hour lesson with Theo. I had pretty low expectations that I'd really be surfing during the lesson, so was thrilled to actually stand up and ride waves quite a few times - and have the pictures to prove it ! I highly recommend paying the extra to have the photographer go along. I had a great time, and thought the cost for the 2 hour lesson was a real bargain. I was also impressed that the owner personally contacted me afterwards to see how it went.

A couple of notes of caution. We have a pretty good fitness level and found the lesson to be pretty hard work - we were exhausted afterwards. The paddling back out after catching a wave was tough ! Also 2 of the 4 people taking lessons the afternoon we did felt a bit seasick and this dampened the experience for them. This was surprising and we wouldn't have thought of it - so if you're susceptible, take a motion sickness pill before going.