“Best Hawaii Memory!!!”

$110.00*
and up
2-Hour Semi-Private Small Group Surfing Lesson
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Hawaii Memory!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can cross 'learn to surf at Waikiki ' off my bucket list now! My boyfriend and I took a two hour surf lesson with Trev and had an absolutely fabulous time. It truly was the highlight of my first trip to hawaii. Trev was very friendly, professional, knowledgable and passionate about surfing. We had never surfed before and each rode at least 5 waves each during our lesson. It was a very relaxing time and we had a lot of fun never felt rushed or un safe. Raff our own personal paparazzi got some amazing photos of us that was a nice way to share the memory. I can't wait to go back definitely caught the surf bug & would love to get more advanced lessons! Thanks Gone surfing for an amazing time & thanks Trev for all the free tows!!!

Visited June 2013
jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Trev is a great waterman and an awesome guy - glad you all had a good time. Hope to see you in the water on your next trip. Aloha- jojo

Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing surf, easy to learn”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great teachers - they made it so easy to learn and helped us paddle out. Super fun and comfortable environment. If you want to surf - choose these guys, they know how to teach to make sure you will get up and are super nice and easy going. Even had someone sit with our stuff on shore to make sure it stayed safe.

Visited October 2013
Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I am alive!!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I lost my only child in Afghanistan a little over a year ago. I went to Hawaii with in-laws and got the chance to surf. I stumbled upon Gone Surfing Hawaii, thank goodness. And thank goodness I had private lessons. And thank goodness it was Brad and JoJo!!! We connected immediately. He towed me out and pushed me on the wave and I SURFED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!! I have been dead inside since losing my son, but surfing (wow!!!) it awakened me. I was one with nature. I felt alive for the very first time since the officers rang my door bell. I didn't know i was still in there, but , now i know, he wants me to live. I have planned another trip for spring break and will be going back to Gone Surfing Hawaii. I know i will feel the same way again, and I need it desperately!! Brad and JoJo, I hope you are ready for me, I'll be back! Thank you for your encouragement, help and expertise!! I can definitely understand how people can quit their job and become a surfer. I couldn't have felt this without Gone Surfing Hawaii!! I owe you big time!!! If you have never surfed or need help, I completely recommend Gone Surfing Hawaii. You will surf, You will feel the energy, You will be one with nature, YOU WILL BE ALIVE! Just do it!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank donnabethwarren
Mahalo. From all of us here- Aloha. jojo, brad, and the GSH crew.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
“JoJo and her team = the best on Oahu”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm an experienced surfer but new to Oahu. Wanted to learn local breaks, but found the other surf instructors who adevrtised to be much more interested doing what they always do ... hitting the same spots with a group of paying tourists no matter what the conditions. JoJo and her staff will actually cancel a lesson rather than take a newbie out into bad conditions - this is something I respect. They also got me into some great spots and were very generous with their instruction and knowledge. HIGHLY recommend.

Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Riding the Waves”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I took a private lesson for our first time surfing. Brad went through the basics on land and we were quickly paddling out to catch a few waves. Both of us ended up standing up on our second try. Was a lot of fun, and I'd definitely book another lesson with them.

Visited September 2013
Mahalo Chris- yes, brad is awesome! Glad you guys decided to go a couple of times. Aloha- jojo