“A Great Experience!”

$110.00*
and up
2-Hour Semi-Private Small Group Surfing Lesson
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friends and I had never been surfing. In fact, we had only been in the ocean a handful of times. Jojo and Brad were awesome at helping us learn. They are nice, honest, and fun people to be around. The instruction was plentiful and we got a lot of time in the water. We went early in the morning, had a blast, and spent the rest of the day talking about how much fun we had and how awesome we thought we were for going. I would have gone back for a second round if we had more time while we were there. Highly recommended!!!

jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Waikiki is great for learning- even if a little timid :)- Brad is awesome and I will tell him about your review -Thanks so much for surfing with us and hope to see you again. Aloha, jojo

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've never surfed before, nor have I ever been inclined to lots of water sports, I grew up on a lake and know how to swim, but I was never one for water skiing or wake boarding. JoJo and her team were incredible. She put me at ease and this was easily one of the most enjoyable experiences on this vacation. I would highly reccomend JoJo and her team to anyone who asked, not only is she very professional, but her easy manner and genuiness really relax you and allow you to enjoy the experience. I was a bit nervous, as I wear glasses and am, essentially, blind in the water. This wasn't even a problem, and JoJo kept me relaxed and having a blast! I would definitely go out with them again and can't wait to try surfing wherever my travels may take me!

Mahalo! Hope we get you out in the water on your next trip- keep warm back in Canada. Aloha,jojo

Reviewed January 6, 2013

As you can guess from the title of this review, I cannot praise JoJo and her team highly enough!
My other half is a surfer so it seemed only fitting to take a lesson whilst in one of the most amazing places in the world. JoJo even offered my boyfriend a board if he wanted to paddle out with us!
I'm not a 'swimmer' by any means but I can manage along ok - JoJo put me at ease straight away. You do warm ups on the beach which was great. JoJo said that I would be up by my third wave and she was right, third time lucky! The time passed so quickly with JoJo and I chatting about different places we had travelled to whilst JoJo checked for the waves before I caught them!
I understand that a lot of people are nervous when trying surfing for the first time, none more so than myself but honestly, for those of you concerned, don't be. This is the place for you. You are never in any danger as JoJo is a mean paddler, she actually towed my board out to the break with her foot so I wasn't to tired! (legend!!)
I wished I'd done this at the start of my trip so I could have taken another lesson - it was that good!!
Yes you will get guys on the beach who say they can undercut the price but I think Gone Surfing's rates are comparable with most reputable surf schools! They take photos from the moment you walk on to the sand and you can purchase these if you wish, but they are not pushy at all, they email you a couple of samples and if you want to get them then you can - no obligation, which is really nice!
My only advice, tripadvisor says this is on Saratoga road, it's a mobile surf school so you should call them to see where your meeting place will be as there isn't an office on Saratoga (as I found out after walking up and down!)
In short, this is the best place to learn to surf, with the best instructor so what are you waiting for?! :)

Hey! Stoked you came out with us- yes, we are a mobile company so best to call or email ahead. That was a great day for waves- and wanted to tell you I got that book on amazon that you told me about M. Powder ( Haven't gotten to it yet- but excited ) :) . Mahalo for the review and hope to see you both out again on your next holiday! Cheers, jojo

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My kids 11 and 7 yrs had a great time with jojo and walter, its their first time to surf. They were able to stand and surf. My sons had a lot of story to tell their friends especially the surfing experience.

Mahalo and I hope you are still enjoying the photos- Aloha, jojo

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Surfing with these guys was definitely the highlight of our Waikiki experience! Both our sons were up and riding the waves after only one lesson. JoJo was terrific, very professional, and a pleasure to meet. Lopako, our instructor, was the best! Just love these guys and the way they run their business. A must-do if you are in Honolulu. Sadly, no chance to practice back in Oklahoma, so we are already planning our next trip to the islands. Mahalo, JoJo!

Hey Ann- Yeah that was a great day for waves- they even got some big ones on the outside. Next time we've got to get you and your husband out as well! ...( Maybe a little more mellow waves tho:) ) I will pass on your kind words to Lopaka- and we hope to see you guys one your next vacation....and I still remember fried festival, Broken Arrow, OK :) Aloha, jojo