“Definitely go with jo jo!”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
Book In Advance
More Info
$110.00*
and up
2-Hour Semi-Private Small Group Surfing Lesson
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely go with jo jo!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I called up and booked the day before. I spoke directly with Jojo, the company owner. She was professional, friendly and such a great teacher. We went out at 8am and pretty much had the ocean to ourselves...apart from the turtles!! Jojo kept us catching wave after wave and Dominique took some wicked photos and video. Jojo asserts inked our skill level and adjusted the waves to suit us...and we were the only ones in the group. There might be some 'cheaper' schools out there, but Gone Surfing was way worth the little extra. Thanks so much for the wonderful lesson, Jojo....what a treat!

jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Mahalo for your review- you guys did AWESOME!...yeah we def lucked out with the ocean to ourselves that morning. ....next time we gotta get mama out there :)
Aloha.jojo.

Dallas, Texas
“Highlight of my trip!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was by far the best experience I had while in Hawaii! I had never surfed before but JoJo was an excellent instructor. She explained everything several times, was patient as I practiced, and best of all, made the learning fun! In fact, I was having so much fun, that I didn't have time to be nervous. I was riding the waves in no time! I highly recommend Gone Surfing Hawaii as an absolute must on your list of things to do while in Hawaii!

Visited December 2012
Mahalo Shelly- next time you gotta bring out hubby:)
Tampa, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Book 'em; you won't regret it”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a fairly large group - 3 adults & 3 kids under the age of 12. They split the semi-private & private lesson costs, so we didn't all have to pay for private lessons, but we were still all out there learning together & all received individual attention. Every one of us got up. We obviously received great instruction, because there were several of us that didn't think even that was going to be possible. The nudges & toe tows were extremely helpful, also. Long story short, JoJo's awesome, & she's got a great crew to help - what an incredible team! I'll be telling people for years about what a fantastic vacation we had, & that group of people will be in our thoughts, stories & pictures along with those memories.

Would definitely recommend. I have no negative feedback or suggestions on how they could perform any better. There are tons of hacks out on the beach with nothing more than a sign that want to take your money - most lack the vocabulary, patience & skill needed to properly teach. I consider it money well spent & would do it again.

Visited November 2012
Aloha Sean and Ohana- we were stoked to get everyone up and riding. I will pass on the kind words to the boys :) Hope to see the whole family again in the new year!
Tokyo, Japan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A Must Do!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is highly recommended. They were so good I went back to them 3 times. They got us surfing in no time (we're complete beginners) and 99% of the time you are out on the waves - it's well worth it.

Above all they are really professional,friendly, patient and cool.

Definitely - Check them out, you'll have a blast :)

Solid! Thanks Jojo,Jake and Raphael for a great time! Gareth

Hey Gareth- stoked you and your (soon to be) nephew came out with us! Great job to both of you, and we'll see you guys next time your in town.
Aloha, jojo.
Gilbert, Arizona
“Amazing experience!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

As someone who has spent very little time in the ocean and who has never surfed, I had an amazing first time experience!! The lessons were very understandable and the instructor immediately made me feel secure in the ocean. I was able to surf without and struggle and had an unforgettably fun time. Jojo you're awesome!! Thank you so much for making it such an enjoyable and special time :) I would highly recommend you guys to anybody considering surfing lessons!!

Visited October 2012
jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Mahalo- hope to see you in the water again! :)