“Up and surfing in no time”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
2-Hour Small Group Stand-Up Paddleboarding Experience
$140.00*
Private Standup-Paddleboard Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Seattle, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Up and surfing in no time”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

First time surfing for our whole family and we had a great time. JoJo and Kenny were fantastic, patient when we needed it, but moved us all along so my youngest even tried some tricks. Could not be a better experience. Highly recommend the lessons. I also really liked the video Greg from Waterlogged Video did. A little spendy, but a proffesionally produced video that we love to share with others.

Sammamish, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time with my 11 yr-old daughter - fantastic experience!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My daughter and I wanted to try surfing while in Waikiki, and looked for a reasonably priced lesson for just 2-3 people per instructor (wanted to be safe with my daughter and have enough attention for safety and learning), and wanted to surf in Waikiki so my wife and other daughter could watch and be close by. Look no further than Gone Surfing!

Greg, the instructor, was great, especially with my daughter. After learning the basics on the beach, we paddled offshore basically in front of the Royal Hawaiian. The place we went to ("Pops") had small enough waves, but big enough to ride. Greg helped my daughter catch a wave, she got up using the way Greg had explained on the beach, and she rode the first wave quite a ways in! We saw she was having trouble turning the board to get back out to us, so Greg quickly got over to her and helped her, making sure she learned, but also helping her paddle back out (lots of paddling in surfing!). We spent an hour and a half at least riding waves, and had a fantastic time!

Gone Surfing was very organized, responded quickly to emails (within 24 hours always), prepped us on what was provided and what to bring, and gave us confidence in them before even meeting them in person. They arranged to meet us at the Starbucks in front of the Outrigger Reef, were on time, made sure we were prepared (sunblock, rash guard or swim shirts which they provide if you do not have one), and had the boards ready to go (good quality longboards which were easy to learn on). The two hour private instruction for the two of us lasted the full two hours. Everything was relaxed and very enjoyable! Mahalo!

Ashburn, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My two teenage daughters had a blast learning how to surf. They were hesitant in the beginning but literally minutes after going into the water, JoJo had them both up on the board having the time of their lives. There are lots of options for surf lessons -- this one is a great value and a great experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Most Comfortable Surfing Experience for 1st Timers”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I must first say Im not a big reviewer but felt compelled to on this one! If you are searching on places to learn to surf in Oahu look no further! I was nervous about selecting the best one for the price b/c my wife was so against going for fear of getting injured. She was so against going even saying that she would watch me from the beach! Also complaining we'd be ;eaqrning from land the whole time. We did neither! Jojo teaches you some things quickly on land and then you're out. She even tows you out so you dont have to paddle, really helped my wife get used to it. Bottom line, I got up first time and my wife who was nervous got up. I would highly recommend Jojo. Just so comfortable to work with and will get you up without you feeling nervous! Also Greg takes awesome pics and video of you getting up. THank you both!!!!!!

Visited August 2011
jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hey, Its been a while- but thank you so much for your review. Im glad you and your wife came out. Hope to see you both in the water again. Mahalo, jojo
Alberta, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesome experience! Do it even if you're the tiniest bit interested in learning to surf!”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our 3 teenagers who can swim but who have never surfed a minute in their lives took a lesson with Jojo and they loved it! And they can all surf now! The kids said it's NOT hard to learn but you need to know how to do it properly in order to do it right and have fun which they learned from Jojo. An excellent experience that they will use for the rest of their lives!