“Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's me on a wave! Thank you JOJO!”

Gone Surfing Hawaii
2-Hour Small Group Stand-Up Paddleboarding Experience
$140.00*
Private Standup-Paddleboard Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Never surfed in my life ever! Thanks to Jojo and Greg, my partner and I surfed from the very first wave! I will never forget the experience! I advise Gone Surfing to every first-timer who wants to have an awesome time on the waves right away! Jojo and Greg are the friendliest duo. Both were great instructors, great helpers - always ready to get us back to the right spot to wait for waves.

THUMB UP GUYS!

Richard

Greg - thanks for the great video. You did a great Job. We love it!

2  Thank RichUK1980

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was in Hawaii for work and I wanted to learn to surf. We had to do it at the crack of dawn so we could get to our 8 am meetings. Jo Jo and her staff was at our hotel at 5 in the morning with smiles and warm towels. One person in our party was quite anxious at the beginning but not at the end. Jo Jo was able to help her stand up on several waves. Jo Jo knows what she is doing and is super nice as well.

2  Thank rosakanaia
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Had the most amazing day with Jojo and Greg
they made it fun and easy
I will recommend to all my family and friends

1  Thank jahungate
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I had never surfed before, but had a BIG dream as a mid 40's professional to surf in Hawaii and take this off my bucket list. Jo Jo was amazing. She's patient, thorough, fun, and can read the waves and the conditions. I got up on my first try and can't tell you how thrilling the experience was...Diamond Head in the background, nice sparkling waves, and she is an amazing instructor! I would recommend Jo Jo to anyone and will definitely be back to build on what I learned. You can't come to Hawaii without trying to surf a little and you can't come to Hawaii and not call Jo Jo at Gone Surfing Hawaii!

2  Thank Barbara4924
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I went out for my second time with JoJo and I just say enough words to describe how awesome she is! I am by all means a beginner surfer and I love the fact that even on my first time out I was able to ride a wave in thanks to JoJo and her awesome teaching skills! I will definitely go out everytime I am in Hawaii! This time we had the experience videotaped- which I have already watched multiple times- and would highly recommend to anyone! You should definitely book with Gone Surfing when you are out Oahu!!!

1  Thank FarahJM