“Best experience of the holiday”

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our custom built boat, the Kilikina, operates everyday carrying divers to some of the best dive sites on Oahu's south side. Kilikina is renown for seeking out new and exciting dive sites that many of the cattle car dive boats have no interest in going to. Their loss, our gain. Come join us as we have exciting adventures every day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best experience of the holiday”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Went diving with my partner on our holiday with Alex and he was a pleasure to have teach me dive. He worked with me to overcome my issues and came out with my open water diving certification. He has the best patience and a good way of teaching people, I would recommend you don't dive with anyone else in Hawaii but Alex.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tyson1991

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learning to dive”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

What a great two days. Moved us due to bad weather making sure out holidays weren't impacted!

Met us once we landed to give us Learning material, talked us though and set expectations. The dives were great, great boat and crew, clear and concise instructions and gave us all the time in the world to get use to the entirely different world underwater.

Truly out of the world.

1 Thank Dale W
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great wreck dive!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We had an incredible time diving with Alex. There was our family of four in the party. This was our 15 year old daughter's first deep dive and so she was rather nervous. He was great at explaining to her just what we were doing and reassuring her. He is a great teacher while you dive which just enhanced our experience. We have dove with many other groups but never felt as safe as we have with Alex. We look forward to diving with him again.

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I dove with Alex on a shallow reef dive in late October 2013. As a certified diver, Alex initially recommended I do the wreck dive but I opted for the shallower dive as this was my first dive after getting my open water certification only eight months beforehand and I was still a little jittery. Alex quickly helped me get over my jitters - he is very knowledgeable and gave me some very helpful tips on how to be a better and more efficient diver, which I was grateful for and will definitely utilize on my future dives. He also took a bunch of photos for no extra charge which was a great bonus (I had some trouble finding the photos but he posts them to Flickr the same day - the link is on his webpage). All of the equipment was also in good condition.

True to the previous reviews, Alex is very direct and blunt and tells you exactly what's on his mind. This didn't bother me at all as I don't get offended easily (after all, life is generally blunt and very direct) and I appreciate his realness. He takes his job seriously, is a professional, and also has a good sense of humour. He isn't the cheapest (by his own admission), but the knowledge, quality, and level of service he provides is well worth the cost, which is still very reasonable for a two tank dive.

I will definitely dive with Alex again the next time I'm in Oahu and I highly recommend him.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrew C
Irvine, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving Experience!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband is an experienced diver and 'm an inexperienced diver. After extensive research and three days of diving with Alex, we're so happy we chose Alex as our dive master! If not early, Alex was always on time, ready to pick us up for our dive. If you're a diver, you know how important it is to be on time.

He's also got a keen sense of knowing the size of wetsuit you'll need, weight for optimum buoyancy, level of confidence (or lack there of ...) and where he can build you on in the short time you have with him. I was originally okay with diving shipwrecks, but reserved about going in them. On the second day, I was excited and comfortable about going in!! My confidence was built on the sense of comfort I after seeing and knowing that safety ALWAYS comes first with Alex. Don't let his wicked sense of humor throw you (he's hilarious!). I appreciated that he was incredibly patient with me. We both appreciated his knowledge about the ocean environment, his awesome humor that made our diving fun, and safely got my confidence level up so we could enjoy the wrecks and all our diving to the fullest! =0)

Visited October 2013