“Great first experience!”

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our custom built boat, the Kilikina, operates everyday carrying divers to some of the best dive sites on Oahu's south side. Kilikina is renown for seeking out new and exciting dive sites that many of the cattle car dive boats have no interest in going to. Their loss, our gain. Come join us as we have exciting adventures every day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had a Discovery dive with Alex. We have snorkeled multiple times, but never scuba dived. As advertised, Alex took care of everything. Just show up in you bathing suit, and you are ready to go. He responded to pre-trip questions promptly, picked us up on time (actually, he was early), and had all the gear ready for us. We joined some other dive teams on the trip, just off the coast from Waikiki/Honolulu. Beautiful boat ride on its own. From the moment we got in the van, Alex ran through the basics and his two simple rules. He specifically keeps it simple to prevent any confusion. He was very patient, and walked us through every step. Fortunately, we had no problems diving and successfully made two dives, about 30 minutes each, and down to about 35 ft. Swam with the sea turtles, saw some fish, and maybe some sharks hiding under a rock. The water was a little murky during our dive, but obviously out of Alex's control. Alex takes pictures that are available for download after the dive, though he had some camera problems during our first dive (so no pics with the turtles). My advice for the men looking to dive for the first time, shave any lip facial hair so the mask makes a good seal. I give this 4 stars (I wish 4.5 was an option) because Alex was admittedly having an off day and perhaps should have passed us on to one of his colleagues. Regardless, I still highly recommend this experience and look forward to diving with Alex again on my next trip to Hawaii. His off day was still a very good day.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

In May 2012 I went diving with Alex for a third time. During this trip Alex helped me to achieve my "master scuba diver" status. This is the highest non-professional level in the PADI Association of diver education.

As always Alex picked me up at my Waikiki Beach Hotel for all my scheduled dives. He took me to dive sites on the west and south side of Oahu, with my preference being the west side. On the last day I left my shoes on the boat. Alex went above and beyond to make arrangements to retrieve my shoes and delivered them directly to me at the hotel.

During this trip Alex and his wife invited me and my wife out to dinner. It was delicious although, I'm sorry I can't recall the name of the restaurant. It was a special evening and exemplified Alex's hospitality.

Thanks Alex and I'll be returning to dive with you this September 2013!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We did the Intro to Scuba course with Alex. Diving was a great experience in Hawaii! Alex is a great character, a real funny English bloke jokster! As an instructor he gives you the exact amount of information you need to know, nothing more nothing less, bare bones do's and don'ts, straight forward and not overwhelming. Just listen and do what he says and you'll have a blast. We picked Alex because we wanted the best experience for having no experience, the safest instructor, and pics to last a lifetime. We got all of those. Worth every penny. I highly recommend it!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family of 16 went out with Alex on July 18, 2013. We had young kids, teenagers, parents.......... first timers as well as a couple of certified divers. Everyone had a blast!! Alex and his instructors made us feel safe and prepared the entire time. He handled everything including transportation to the boat, fitting us with gear, snacks and water......and warm towels after the dive. His photos were a special treat for everyone. If you plan to dive in Hawaii, don't mess with second best. Go with Alex's Aquatic Adventures ! Highly recommend.