“Family Dive Trip”

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our custom built boat, the Kilikina, operates everyday carrying divers to some of the best dive sites on Oahu's south side. Kilikina is renown for seeking out new and exciting dive sites that many of the cattle car dive boats have no interest in going to. Their loss, our gain. Come join us as we have exciting adventures every day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family of 16 went out with Alex on July 18, 2013. We had young kids, teenagers, parents.......... first timers as well as a couple of certified divers. Everyone had a blast!! Alex and his instructors made us feel safe and prepared the entire time. He handled everything including transportation to the boat, fitting us with gear, snacks and water......and warm towels after the dive. His photos were a special treat for everyone. If you plan to dive in Hawaii, don't mess with second best. Go with Alex's Aquatic Adventures ! Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Alex is a great instructor and even though I was a little bit scared at the beginning he was very patient and explained to me everything. My second attempt was successful :) This was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had and I do recommend Alex because he is not only extremely professional but also very funny :)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went out with Alex today and he is a great outgoing guy. He is very clear on what to do and it is easy and relaxing to follow with him in the water. I am a beginner so we went 40ft deep and saw plenty of fish, sea urchin, and turtles! Turtles are so cool. He is rocking a gopro camera so he takes pictures of you under water and posts online for free. Overall good experience. Relax in the water and dont freak out and you will have a great time.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Alex is a very straightforward, honest instructor who does his best to make sure all diver's receive both proper instruction for certification and detailed reviews of their mistakes to learn proper diving techniques. Alex stands out in ensuring you are trained properly without corners being cut and you definitely get the most "bang for the buck" with his prices. He does not do coupons or cut-rate prices simply because diving is a dangerous sport and "couponing it" is simply not the way to go when you are learning how to dive; cut-rate operators can disavow "forgetting" a thing or two and you will not get that with Alex. Be prepared to study and demonstrate the skills you must know to have fun and safely learn how to dive. My wife and I conducted our Advanced Open Water certification with him and our 12-year old son worked his Open Water certification with him here off the coast of Oahu and Waikiki. His patience and dedication were big drivers in ensuring we felt our son was in good hands. He ensured our son not only was certified, received detailed skill training, but his British humor added a measure of fun that was well received by my family. My wife and my training, particularly the deep diving portion, provided us with key information to ensure we can further enjoy future deep dives. He is, without a doubt, an instructor of choice if you truly want to receive the best diving instruction on the island. Mahalo Alex!

2  Thank PatrickFilbert
See more reviews
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Alex is definitely the person you want instructing your diving experience. His patience, professionalism, and generosity are unmatched by the other diving companies in the area. I had absolutely no diving experience at all and it never proved to be an issue.

I purchased the "Discover Scuba Diving" package and couldn't be more pleased. Alex teaches the basics assuming you have absolutely no knowledge of diving (which you likely don't if you go with this package). By the time I hit the water, I felt completely comfortable and confident in my newfound abilities.

Make no mistake-even the "Discover Scuba Diving" package is a full blown scuba experience. Alex doesn't burden you with all of the complicated things you would need to learn to be certified-this is designed to give you a snapshot of scuba diving. I dove to the reefs outside of Oahu and discovered hundreds of fish, corals, and even a few white tip sharks! Also, I got to get up close and personal with several sea turtles.

This was an experience I will never forget. It is absolutely worth every penny I paid-and then some! Don't hesitate-book your scuba experience with Alex now!