“Wow”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

It's a great hike for those who like some challenge. It's mostly all stairs - rails, that where left there. I am a slow poke when it comes to hikes, I like to look at the surroundings. Here I felt like I really had to keep my eye on the path because, like all hikes, it can be scary only because it's strait up and you don't want to miss a step. It took me 45 min at my slow pace. I've seen people run up and down several times - yup, not me. Totally worth it! It's better to bring a camel pack to carry your water because you want to have both hands free.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Paris
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice from from above at night!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We went at the end of the day, to see sunset and it definitively worth it !
Light is amazing when sun is going down and we were alone.
You must take light with you to got down in the dark.
Very good experience.

Visited June 2013
Rusk, Texas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“OMG! That was a workout!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very steep and the steps don't allow you to take your normal stride. The trail is steep and gets steeper at the top. There is a bridge to cross but if you want to skip it there is a trail to the side in the bushes. My husband and I workout (we jog and I do Yoga) and it still took us 46 minutes to get to the top. Huffing and puffing. Once on top of the crater the views are spectacular! Definitely worth the effort. Coming back down is still pretty tricky because of the gravel so you have to watch your step. With all that said, there is a young man that carries a 5-gallon water jug (FULL of water), up the trail about 3 times a day. You go, Boy!!!
Yes, I would do it again. Remember, go early!

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great hike with fantastic views!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A nice little hike up steps that look like old railroad tracks. It is challenging - I can run six miles easily - and I felt the burn in my legs and had to take a few short breaks along the way. Also, there is a part of the trail that is only the tracks/steps, with about 15-20 feet below before ground. It was scary going over that part for me but some people were running up and down that part with no problem! Making it to the top was worth it for fantastic views. Bring sunscreen, water, camera and a bathing suit to head across to Hanauma Bay Nature Reserve (need to pay to get in to beach part) for a cool down and snacks.

Visited April 2014
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“No Switchbacks”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The trail is a moderate to difficult hike up the hill. It's fairly steep with no switchbacks, so it's straight up the hill. There are railroad ties to help in your traction. There is also a broken bridge across a ravine not too scary, but one must have good balance to scoot across. The view at the top is spectacular and worth the sweat equity in the climb. Usually not too heavily traveled, but can get busy at times.

Visited July 2013