“Casual with Great Atmosphere”

Kani Ka Pila Grille
Ranked #88 of 2,420 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We are staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach hotel, so this is located right in front of us every time we get off of the elevator. We decided to eat there one evening when we wanted something nice, but casual. The big added perk is that from 6 - 9 pm they have Hawaiian themed musical entertainment. With about a20 minute wait for a table, we opted for seating at the bar. Wonderful spot with entertainment from the musicians, hula dancers, sports on TVs overhead, and the ballet of the two bartenders as they worked. One of the mist efficiently run bar I've seen. Really friendly service and great food my wife loved her Cobb salad. I had the Monte Cristo sandwich. Not quite like the ultimate Monte Cristo in Disneyland, but still tasty. Even with 2 drinks each the cost seemed reasonable.

1  Thank Dennis M
There are newer reviews for Kani Ka Pila Grille

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We've been eating breakfast in Waikiki every morning for a week now. Lots of decent places. Eggs and things (about a 5 minute walk from Kani Ka Pila Grille) is nice too, same quality of food, as long as you don't mind the 40 min to hour plus wait EVERY DAY (unless you are there EARLY!). Three times now we've walked up the street to the beach (it's in the Outrigger hotel) to this grille, which has very nice outdoor/covered seating. Nice ocean breeze, nice atmosphere, fast and courteous staff, and the breakfast's are served reasonably quick and are a GREAT value and quite tasty also! I've had the pancake special and the fried rice special, both highly recommended. One of our group had the fruit bowl, and I should have taken a picture...it was awesome (what she didn't eat she took with her to go, it was that good). Lots of tasty coffee, just a great no-wait breakfast place. I'd eat there every day from here on out. Not one complaint from our group after 3 trips. Save your time, don't wait at other places and go here, you won't regret it. I only gave it 4 out of five stars becasue it's not a "five star" type of place. But as I said, for a breakfast place with low cost (considering you're on the beach), you can't beat it.

1  Thank mchapek
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Food here is pretty good. Happy Hour is great - half price drinks and discounted appetizers. Ate here twice (not including Happy Hour) and no complaints. Big thank you to two of the servers Angela and Mark...super friendly and very professional.

1  Thank blu_eyes00
Reviewed July 13, 2014

each morning near the pool and garden waterfalls area. They had 2 excellent breakfast specials each morning for $7. We also had POG with spiced rum at the bar each afternoon which was great!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were staying at the Outrigger Reef and came in from the airport STARVING. We didn't even go to the room before hitting the Grille at the pool on the ground level after checking in. We should have walked around just a little bit more and would have saved a bunch! My son got a little flatbread pizza ($12) that was maybe worth $5, if that. My husband and I shared a kalua pork quesadilla which was delicious but I think $14? Drinks are $10 flat. Plus tip we were around $60 for basically a snack and a drink. That's Waikiki for you (unless you do some research first!). ;)