“Caught the Surfing bug thanks to Ivan and Jenn!”
Review of Hook up Surfing

Hook up Surfing
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I Highly recommend taking surf lessons with Ivan! I had never surfed before but I used to skateboard when I was kid, snowboard, waterski, and I was a Search and Rescue Swimmer in the Navy. Jenn and Ivan took all of my previous experience into consideration before we went out to give me the most personalized surf lesson I could have wished for! Tailoring the lesson to each new surfer is key to what makes Hook up Surfing such desirable surf instructors. Upon finding out I was a veteran, Ivan gave me a discount which was so generous, Thanks Ivan! We went out to Pops on Waikiki and dodged the crowd to find a great spot and I got up on my very first wave the very first time! Surfing is such a wonderful feeling it's impossible to put into words. It is quite simply the best feeling in the world. I would definitely recommend anyone to Hook up Surfing, you will not be disappointed. Word of warning though, surfing is highly addictive!

There are newer reviews for Hook up Surfing

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had Ivan and Matt as our instructors My two children ages 13 and 12 have taken lessons in other locations. This was heads and tails above the rest. Friendly, knowledgeable and highly professional. At Waikiki the surfers have to paddle out a bit. My children said they felt confident and safe the entire time. Both got up a few times. Instructors took their time and were not clock watchers. We really felt as though this was a private lesson tailored to our skill level and needs. We will definitely book again next trip.Thank you very much! Mahalo!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had three days of lessons as absolute beginners, the "we" being a 65-year-old and a 10-year-old doing semi-private lessons each day. Both Ivan and Jenn were wonderful -- clear instructions mixed with enthusiasm and motivation. We were always made to feel like we could and would succeed, plus there was a friendly supportive atmosphere at all times. They were always on time for pick up and gave us more than the anticipated time, being sure to end each day on a high note. I liked the emphasis on safety, too. Nothing but kudos!!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ivan is a fantastic surf instructor! He was recommended to me by a friend who regularly visits HonoIulu. I did 4 mornings with Ivan, improved my skills and caught lots of waves. It is definitely worth it to have a good instructor, I had so much more fun than the people who looked really frustrated while trying to learn on their own. There is a lot going on while trying to time and paddle to catch a wave and it makes you learn so much faster when you have someone with that much teaching experience guiding you through it. I felt very safe and it is nice to have someone not only teach you when to start paddling but also how to read the water. I got to try a couple different boards he adjusted for the conditions. He picks you up and drops you off at your hotel.
Definitely a better experience than the pricey hotel or beach instructors who have less experience.
Stella

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked a semi private lesson for my boyfriend and myself while in Oahu. I have surfed previously and my boyfriend had never been on a board. Ivan was amazing, he started with a land lesson where he tweaked my technique and gave my boyfriend all of the fundamentals he would need. He then took us to a surf spot away from the crowds at Waikiki, they were the longest waves I have ever ridden and he managed to get my boyfriend standing on his first lesson. Totally stoked and would recommend Ivan to anyone!