“Exceptional Surf Lessons! Mahalo Ivan!”
Review of Hook up Surfing

Hook up Surfing
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I (newly weds) booked three semi private lessons with Ivan this August. Ivan was a complete professional. He gave us safety tips, etiquette, tricks and skills about getting up on a board. I was standing and riding waves after only the first day with his help. Eventually on the second day he was having me catch my own waves. He knows exactly what to say and do to encourage you to get better. By day 3 I was carving turns and riding waves almost to the shore line. My wife and I were very I,pressed. We saw some other surf instructors who did NOTHING to help their students. Some didn't even get in the water with them!

Ivan is a great instructor. Trust me, if you want to learn really fast, look him up and book him in advance. Very well worth the money. Also DVDs n your surfing on photo and video also taken from in the water. We bought them as a souvenir, 70$ but very worth it.

All reviews
"sea turtles"
in 3 reviews
in 135 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Ivan and Jen taught my family of four how to surf. We had a blast and the pictures were a wonderful addition to a great day! Ivan gave us a land lesson first and helped us figure out the best way to stand up. Then we walked across the street and followed him out to the surf. He helped both my 12 year olds feel comfortable and confident in the water. We felt safe the entire time with Ivan. He is patient, kind, helpful and a great coach. He knew exactly what we did wrong and helped us fix it the next time.

I would highly recommend Ivan for your surfing experience. We never felt rushed. We signed up for a group lesson and ended up having a private lesson with just my family. It was the highlight of our time on Oahu!! Thanks for everything Ivan! Aloha.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Thanks to my awesome surf instructor, Ivan, I now have a new interest in surfing and feel confident that this is a sport that I can do. I had a terrible experience a year ago with a different surf instructor, which almost killed the idea for me. Ivan got me feeling serious about learning. I feel like he really supervises me closely and keeps me in line when I'm doing something incorrectly. And the best part is that I'm having fun learning. In short, Hook up Surfing is highly highly recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Despite growing up in Hawaii I had never done much in the water, so on this vacation I decided I wanted to take a stand-up paddle board lesson.

I bought a Living Social coupon and set up a lesson with Jennifer. Because conditions weren't looking great on the day we had set, Jennifer worked with me to find another day during my trip.

She met us at the beach and have us a short lesson on safety and skills before we hit the water. I wasn't the most coordinated person when it came to standing up on my board, but Jennifer was very patient and stayed with me every step of the way.

While I only made it as far up as paddling on my knees that day, Jennfier gave me the tools as instruction I needed so that a few days later when I rented a board on my own I had no problems standing up!

Great instructor in a good location. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially those who are taking their first lesson.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hook Up Surfing is top of the line in instruction, customer service, and surfing lesson location. We bought a surfing lesson for our son's 19th birthday - Jenn did an amazing job working with him and he had great success in just one lesson. He had tried surfing in California, but he said the training in CA was no where near as professional/informative as his experience with Hook Up Surfing. First class, top-notch instructors and great location, you'll get your money's worth here! When he goes back to Hawaii, he's going back to Hook Up Surfing. Don't waste your time or money anywhere else - it's the BEST and the only surfing company we're using in Hawaii!