“Nau Wale NoTour”

Customizable Island Tours Tours on Oahu
Ranked #71 of 332 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your vacation to Oahu should be absolutely amazing! In order to really have a great time you need to relax. Don't take a bus tour, take a real tour with us. Bus tours usually mean 20+ guests, an itinerary set in stone, strict time limit per stop and difficulty getting questions answered within a large group. With Nau Wale No Private Tours of Oahu, go on tour only with your party, with your personalized itinerary and a flexible schedule. We move at your pace, so you can stop to swim, snorkel, eat and shop anytime. We will take you to our favorite and must see places. We will customize the tour to you and will be based on your interests and schedule. Personal tour options include, but are not limited to:Beaches, North Shore, Snorkeling, Outdoor Workouts, Hiking, Sandbar, Photography, Local Cuisine, Shopping. Book a private tour with us and prepare to experience the “real Hawai’i."
Goulburn, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nau Wale NoTour”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked a six hour tour of the island with this company because of the amazing reviews on TA. It was expensive but we thought it would be worth it as we had done many private tours before and found them excellent value. Unfortunately we were disappointed! Our guide was pleasant but not all that informative on the various places we visited. He seemed very centred on himself and his own story and it didn't work when we tried to steer the conversation to more historical and general information on places we were passing. We were a group of 3 ladies who had a nice day out but not the special one we were expecting and certainly not value for the money spent.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank kaytpnsw
NauWaleNoTours, Owner at Nau Wale No Tours of Oahu, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Aloha Kay,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your private tour with us. We tried to reach out to you privately, through email, but you never responded, so we now have to address the situation publicly.
We have a company policy that allows our guides not to participate in conversations that can make the guests or guide feel uncomfortable. Hilton let you know, upon pickup, that he does not discuss politics or religion during his tours. He likes to keep his tours fun and full of information about the island, Hawaiian culture, and other points of interests for our guests.
Various times throughout the tour politics were brought up. Hilton tried to politely change the conversation because the topics being discussed could lead to a heated discussion and change the positive direction and spirit of the tour. Unfortunately the topics kept being brought up.
If Hilton gave you the impression that he is self centered, we deeply apologize. If anything, Hilton is the complete opposite. Evidence of this is that he gave up his plans for the afternoon to extend your tour, for free. You were past your booked tour time and he wanted to take you to visit some additional spots that he thought that you ladies would enjoy.
You mentioned, to Hilton, your interest in visiting Hawai'i Island (Big Island). Hilton is from the Big Island and shared information with you about why it is such a special place. He also mentioned his favorite places on the island, so if you choose to visit, you will have some information to help you plan your stay. He also gave you his personal contact information, so you could contact him before you visit to receive some practical advice and answer any additional questions you have about the island, with no additional cost, after the tour. We apologize that you didn't see this as an extension of his warmth and viewed it as being about him.
We are disappointed that this show of Aloha would ruin the tour for you and that you would post a negative review about Hilton.
We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Mahalo

Nau Wale No Tours Ohana

Amroth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Great Way To See The Island”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have used this company on both trips to Oahu. First in November 2013 and again in March 2014. Our guides were great, Hilton (November) and Fawn (March) and we did 8hr and 10hr tours respectively.

I highly recommend to use these guys if you want to get out of resort and see the island without being stuck on a bus with 20 other people. We wanted to explore North Shore on our second trip but didn't want to rent a car. This was a perfect alternative. Alexis and the team helped me plan the things we wanted to do/see before we arrived on the island.

Fawn was lovely and we had a great time spending the day sightseeing with her. She went out of her way to stop at Big T's Shrimp Truck and Ali'iolani Hale because I am a huge Hawaii Five-0 fan. Everyone here is so accommodating which makes their service really personal, and a perfect alternative to 'BIG' tours.

2 Thank ZKGriffiths
Graham, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The "Aloha Spirit" can be found here!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I traveled with my mom to Oahu the end of march and our day spent with Hilton was a TREAT!! This company knows how to take care of you and they truly live up to their name :). Our family lived on Oahu 45 years ago so my mom had specific things she knew she would like along with wanting to learn something new and see how things had changed. Hilton is an amazing and gentle- spirited young man who treated us like we were old friends. He was fun and informative and we really felt like he gave us a side of the island we were hoping for. We ate amazing local food and got to see turtles up close and saw and learned about island life through his eyes. We were so glad we toured with him early enough on our trip that we felt confident enough to rent a car for another day and spend more time at some of the places we had visited with Hilton. Thank you to this company and especially Hilton for a memory-making day!

1 Thank Tina R
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such an adventure! Local experience in a tourist destination!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On the last full day of our vacation in Honolulu, my boyfriend and I decided on booking the 8 hour day tour. We were lucky to have Hilton as our tour guide, who was beyond amazing! Right off the bat it was comfortable and easy going... just like having a local friend show you around the island.

It was 8am and we mentioned we were a bit hungry... Hilton immediately knew of the best local spot in our area to grab a quick bite: Leonard's Bakery for the traditional "Malasada." (OK people, I hate to admit, but, I'm slightly a foodie, and this cinnamon sugar malasada blew me away! Scrumptious!)

The first part of our journey consisted of traveling to incredible lookout points (the views were breathtaking, and off the beaten path, which is always a plus in my book), trekking through a beautiful and unique banyan forest, checking out a unique ancient ruin of the King Kamehameha's summer home (not known to tourists), hiking to the top of a waterfall (such natural beauty!) and seeing an intricately beautiful Buddhist temple.

Our lunch stop was amazing! A cute, casual, local spot with fresh poke. I even ventured to try the "special of the day," a tomato basil ono pasta... incredible!!!

Next, we ventured on to the coolest little macadamia nut farm, where we cracked open our own macadamia nuts, tried samples of fresh 100% Kona coffee among local goodies... great spot for unique (and delicious) souvenirs ;) ! We stopped at Laniakea beach to hang with the giant turtles basking in the sun... it was awesome!!!

Overall, we had such a wonderful experience. Having been to Oahu once before, as well as having relatives living in Honolulu, I thought I had done it all, but I was quite wrong! As a local from Big Island, Hilton is an expert in his field! He took us to see some things I never would have heard about. Truly unique experience, such an adventure!

I can't wait to return!
Mahalo Nau Wale No! :)

3 Thank Olivia B
Hartselle, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“OUTSTANDING day”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I visited the Honolulu area recently and had an 8 hour tour with Hilton. I can't tell you what a joy he was. He is extremely knowledgeable of the island. We were there for a single day during a cruise stop. We wanted to see as much as possible of the island's beauty and wanted to see a few spots off the beaten path - places locals enjoy. He provided that exactly. He took us by his home, knocked down some coconuts and we sampled VERY fresh coconut water as well as coconut and coconut milk. We hit some overlooks and viewing spots I know the larger tours did not access. We took a swim at a beach frequented by locals and ate lunch at a local diner. He was very eager to share the history of his island and answered all our questions. It was awesome to have someone like him to show us around.

Hilton is a very intelligent, very likeable young man. He has a great demeanor and I think anyone would feel very comfortable traveling around with him for a day. Hilton is very professional, personable and thoughtful of what we wanted to experience. I believe he could fashion a great day around whatever anyone may want to see or experience in a day. Just let him know your interests, physical ability, etc. ahead of time and he will have a plan mapped out for you but is extremely flexible and will have options for you to consider. It was an outstanding day.

Visited February 2014