“Great Experience!”

and up
Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Muncie, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Due to weather we had to cancel our first reservation but we were able to get to do this adventure on our last day in Hawaii and... WOW... what a great way to end our trip! It was so much fun, the scenery was fabulous, and the guide was very knowledgable on the history of Hawaii.

1 Thank nicholef5
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review - we love hearing from happy guests like yourself! Hope you'll come visit us again if you come back to Hawaii. With Aloha, Lisa :)

“Love to paddle board!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had a great time learning how to paddle board! The crew at Hawaii surf adventures is nothing but GREAT! Really nice and will show you all the tricks you would want to learn on a paddle board. Would definitely go to Hawaii surf adventures again on my next trip!

Visited August 2013
Aloha! Just wanted to thank you for writing such a nice review - we really appreciate the support and glad that you loved stand up paddling! Come back and see us again for half off!! Take care, Lisa :)
Toronto, Canada
349 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 631 helpful votes
“Get Groupon deal”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This excursion was something different to do. As the other reviews indicate, the guide is excellent – so enthusiastic and passionate about canoeing.

I’m annoyed about the whole picture process. I was discouraged from bringing my point-n-shoot underwater camera. But it could easily have been left on the floor of the canoe. And there was lots of down time to take photos.

Of course, they plug purchasing the pictures they take at the end of the tour. The pictures were absurdly priced (no one purchased them from our group), and of poor quality. It was a bunch of pictures of the back of our heads (as pictures taken from the rear of canoe behind us all).

Do look for this excursion on Groupon. This was an interesting activity, but a ‘once is enough’ kind of activity. I would have been disappointed if I did not get the Groupon deal.

Visited June 2013
ALOHA! Thanks so much for joining us on the tour - I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed your guide, Nobi! I just wanted to clarify that Nobi DOES allow cameras to be brought on the tour - he just warns our guests that it's not recommended since there's no place safe for the cameras on the canoe, except between your feet. We have tons of people that bring there cameras on the tour - all of the photos submitted by Trip Advisor reviewers were taken with their own cameras. We are just looking out for your equipment by not recommending it - I'm sorry if that was misinterpreted. Photos that Nobi takes during the tour are $30 - sounds like the photos taken during your tour weren't the best quality and I apologize for that. We hope that you'll join us again for another activity - we also offer surf lessons and stand up paddling. Hope to see you again! All the best, Lisa
“Truly an amazing experience!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you don't like the crowded surfing spots on Waikiki Beach this is truly the way to go (especially for beginners). Our instructor, Matt, as well as the rest of the staff were really professional and laid back at the same time which was really cool. We went out on a boat to a surfing area just outside of Waikiki where we had all the waves to ourselves but where we were still close to the coastline. I guess we were a bit lucky that the group only consisted of 4 people and that the waves were perfect for beginners like ourselves. However, even without those conditions it would still have been an tremendous experience. A big thanks to Hawaiian Surf Adventures for this experience! :D

Visited September 2013
Aloha and thank you for such a great review of your surf lesson! I'm so glad you loved it and we hope you'll surf with us again! Take care, Lisa :)
Reno
“Amazing Canoe Tour”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our canoe tour was better than expected! Our guide, Nobi, was very helpful and thorough with instruction and technique. Canoeing as a team was so much fun and I got to meet a lot of people from all over. It was a lot easier than I expected as well since we all worked together and were able to take some scenic and swimming breaks in the beautiful bay. And an added bonus: we saw three sea turtles! Also, the tour was amazing! Nobi had so many interesting facts about Hawaii's geology, civilization, customs, culture, and more. Thanks for the great experience! I'll definitely go on another adventure when I come back to visit.

Visited September 2013
Aloha and thank you so much for the 5-star review! We hope that you DO come back to see us! All the best to you and thank you, Lisa :)