“Outrigger and surfing”

and up
Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Wichita, Kansas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Outrigger and surfing”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband did the outrigger and the geography lesson he received was the highlight of his trip. I had booked it for him while I rode along on my daughter's surf lesson. I contacted Hawaiian Surf Adventures after seeing a Groupon coupon and they gave us a great deal on the outings. We were questioning our tour because of the laid back attitude on land and very slow start to the outriiger tour. Once they got on the water, it was full of the beauty of the island and fantastic lessons of the culture and ocean. The rowing was not strenouous for a 50 year old.

My daughter was one of 4 on her tour. She got a try at surfing, guides were fun, professional and very conscious of safety. No one in the group was successful at "catching" the waves even though all of them were physically fit. The boat was old and not very attractive, but seemed in good mechanical repair.
We would recommend this company to anyone.

, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Aloha Becky, Thanks so much for your review :) We are glad you were able to try 2 of our activities and enjoyed them both. Hoping you will visit us again on your next trip to Oahu! With Aloha, Lisa :)

Gilgandra, New South Wales, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was awesome! Had never surfed before and our instructor made it so easy! It was heaps of fun and being in a small group and not at such a busy crazy beach was so much more fun and less stressful! Great guys!

, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Aloha Alyce, Thank you for taking the time to review your surf lesson! We are glad you had such a great experience - we strive for reviews like this with every group we meet :) Hope to see you again! With thanks, Lisa :)
Tampa, FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic learning experience and great time!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My kids signed up for surfing lessons here, and then we went back a few days later with the whole family for an outrigger canoe trip. Both times we had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed ourselves. We also learned a lot about Hawaii and got to see a nice area of the island a bit removed from Waikiki. My kids were very comfortable with the instructors (it helped that the instructors weren't that old themselves I think) and I appreciated their concern for safety and leadership. Next up, I think I'll try the paddle board lessons for me!

Visited June 2012
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Aloha! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with surfing and the outrigger canoe tour! We are so glad that you came back again after your surf lesson and hope that you will give stand up paddling a try as well! Sincere thanks, Trace
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The Best”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I began working in Honolulu five weeks ago. My children are out on their own on the mainland but wanted to give me a birthday present and thought surfing was just the thing. They searched the web and found Hawaiian Surf Adventures and it looked best to them. And they were right. Their deal was, I would get to learn to surf but they got the photos so they could join in the fun!

I'm in my mid 50s and have never surfed before so was a little excited and a little nervous. The people at HSA were great...my instructor Matt was fabulous and encouraging and had me up on the board in no time - not to say I stayed that way which is part of the experience too. Great teacher, patient and informative. Can't beat the location and the views.

Can't wait for my four kids to come out and visit as I will take them to Hawaiian Surf Adventures for sure. Want to try the outrigger trip too which sounds equally fabulous.

Tim Strauss

Visited June 2012
Aloha Tim, It was such a pleasure meeting you and I'm so glad you loved surfing :) Thank you for taking the time to review your experience - it really means a lot to us. Looking forward to meeting your family! Best wishes, Lisa
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome time! Very nice, very professional, beautiful surf spot!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I took my two nephews (ages 14 and 12) and niece (10) out for a two-hour surfing lesson and they had an amazing time. The instructors were super-nice to the kids, covered a lot, and really made sure they had a fun time. They were all standing by the second wave and were smiling ear-to-ear the entire lesson.

The surf spot, out in Maunalua Bay, is beautiful with virtually no other surfers. You see Diamond Head on one side, Koko Crater on the other, and the amazingly blue/green ocean all around.

Highly recommended!

Visited June 2012
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Aloha Jason, Thank you so much for the great review of your family's surf lesson! We are so glad that you joined us and look forward to your next visit! Mahalo, Lisa :)