“Watersports - Fun, Buying photos - Expensive”

Hawaii Water Sports Center
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Watersports - Fun, Buying photos - Expensive”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and my husband was determined to go parasailing. I did a bit of research on the business' that provide water sports services. I was quite shocked to find mostly negative reviews but decided that the lesser of all the evils was Seabreeze so I booked a 3-activity package with them. The reviews I read were ALL completely wrong.

This was a great experience - I rang and booked and a shuttle was sent to our resort the next morning. Upon arriving at Seabreeze, we weremmediately, we were put on a boat for our first activity - the bumper tube. The boat driver (Carlos) was friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed this. Photos were taken which we could purchase. We then got on a shuttle to go out to parasail and I was a bit concerned because all the reviews I read said that before parasailing happens, you spend a lot of time waiting around. This may be true (although I don't think we spend too long waiting) but while we were waiting, we were out on a boat in the middle of Hanauma Bay on a beautiful day - waiting was not an issue!!

The guys on the parasailing boat were great. My husband and I went last but we were with another family of 4 so we only had to wait on the boat for about 15 mins before it was our turn - but again, we were out on the bay - it was BEAUTIFUL (plus we saw a turtle!!!). Parasailing was awesome.

We then returned to H20 Sports where we had to wait around for a while to purchase our video and photos. We then returned to Seabreeze and had our turn on the Banana Boat. Again, this was great fun (although I spent most of my time in the water). I am a bigger girl so getting back onto the boat and the banana boat was quite an effort but that just made me hold on tighter.

Only one minor complaint - we spent AU$280 for this experience and then got stung another $100 to buy the photos/videos. We couldn't resist buying them but seriously, $100 for three cds?? Come on.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Caroline B

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Make Sure The CD Has Footage!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When we arrived at the place everything we already setup for us to go out and banana boat and bumper tube. We had a great time and the girl taking pics and vids on the boat said she was getting great shots of us flying all over the place. When we were done we sat and watched a slide show of the pics and vids she took and had the opportunity to buy them for 45 dollars. I bought the CD and 2 days later I fly back home 5,000 miles away and when I load the CD's SURPRISE All Of Them Were BLANK!!! So Watch Out Because I Don't Know If It Was A Mistake or A Scam And Make Sure There's Footage Before You Pay For Thr CD And Go Back Home!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Roskanoska
Puyallup, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor Time & Money - Shop Around”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Positive: My boys did bumper tubing and wake boarding - the crew (boat drivers) were EXCELLENT - they gave them a whipping ride on the bumper tube for which they were totally thrilled, fun. Each boy got a great deal of time wake boarding ( this was the first time for 2 of them, so it takes a while to get the hang of it ). The area they jetted around was great and expansive. As a parent I had no worries of a collision with other activities in the water at the same time.
Negative: #1 Their ad portrays " 3 rides for $ 89" but in reading the fine print, 2 of the rides MUST be the tubing & banana boat ( which are pretty similar ). Caught up in the ad and excitement with kids, you don't realize till you get there, the cost of a different activity. # 2 There is a charge of $ 12 per person transportation to their location, which was at least 40 minutes from downtown Waikiki where our hotel was. On arriving there, I paid the additional money for 3 activities each since it was cheaper than the ala carte mode. Well, after the first 2, the hostess informed us there wasn't time for the parasailing (since that involved being tranported to another location) and they were closing for the day. It was a challenging discussion, but I was able to get the prorated price for the activities since this should have been disclosed before I scheduled this, as I was not going to pay another transportation cost to come back another day ( & they would not waiver on that ). # 3 When our 2 activites were finished, we waited for almost 1 hour for the shuttle van. #4 I was "the photographer" on these activities - they charged $ 25 PER activity to be a passenger on the boat !! I subsequently realized, its because they video tape a lot of in & want you to buy the CD when you're done !!
Summary: The boys loved the activites, but I would choose a different company next time that had better time and money organization. There are a lot of outfits that offer the same activities. I would shop around and not recommend them or use them again.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Terri B
Flower Mound, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Poor Time Management”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Let me start off with the positive. The staff of Hawaii Watersports were great. We did the Bumper Boat and Banana Boat with them. However, then they shuttled us to some other operator to do the parasail and jet ski --- this was a a big problem because you get sent out to some barge to sit around and wait for a good hour. Now, if the barge had bathrooms, drinks and snacks ---- we would have enjoyed ourselves. However, you have nothing out there and all you do is sit. Then after our activities you get shuttled around again to a photo booth then back to Hawaii Water Sports. We paid over $50 for the Waikiki Shuttle --- Well, we were picked up from our hotel at 7:50 AM, we did four activities and didn't get back until after 3:15. We were stuck at the mall just waiting for a shuttle for over an hour and a half. This was after sitting on the barge forever and a day to jet ski and parasail. The only reason I gave three stars was the fact that we loved the Banana Boat and bumper boat rides. The staff at this site are nice, but the staff at the place they ship you to were not nearly as friendly or caring. Just plan on wasting a lot of time here!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Caylor99
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

So much fun, the staff are very friendly and helpful. They did a great job at fitting me and my friend in being that we were walk ins. The activities were really fun, the staff even helped us with wake boarding. It was a really great experience for me and my friend being that it is her first time to Hawaii. We would totally go back and do these activities again.

Visited March 2013