“Best Italian in Hawaii”
Review of Arancino

Arancino
Reserve with OpenTable
Arancino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Arancino's recipes reflect the cuisine of Naples Italy. The presentations and taste are kept simple while the flavors and ingredients or nicely accentuated. Our chefs use ingredients imported from Italy which provides each guest with a truly authentic and unique dining experience.Arancino on Beachwalk began its operation in 1995. Well-known to the locals as well as tourists, Arancino is a hidden gem in the heart of Waikiki.Please also visit our flagship location - Arancino di Mare located in the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort where you can enjoy beautiful outdoor dining while enjoying the tropical Hawaiian weather!
Reviewed November 30, 2012

In Waikiki,.If you're looking for Italian in the middle of Polynesia, go to Arancino. I had the meatballs and my wife had the pasta with caviar. Both were great, but anything with caviar is great. Arancino is just around the corner from the Hilton, across from the Catholic Church.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

A very busy little restaurant, a little hard to find. We only had a 10 minute wait for a table, but it was obvious when we left that a much longer wait is not unusual. The sidewalk in front of the restaurant was crowded with people waiting for tables.

The service was excellent and the food was terrific. The wine list was short, but the one I chose was very good, and reasonably priced. Pasta is their specialty, so no "secondi piatti" items were on the menu. Other items include pizza and risotto, as well as a number of appetizers, salads and desserts. An excellent dining experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I foind this place just behind the beaten path of kalakua blvd and were really thankful. I had a great lasagna and she had spaghetti and meatballs which were delicious. Portions were plentiful so we had no room for desert. Desert looked so good though, so we came back the next night just for that; more yummy.
A couple other nice things about the place were very good iced tea that the waitstaff kept well refilled, and both times we went we were told the wait would be 45 minutes, this was no problem since, they just take your mobile number and call you when your table is ready. Plenty of little shops are in the area to quickly pass the time.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our hotel was close to Beachwalk Avenue and we walked past this restaurant frequently, it always seemed to be busy. Always a good sign. When I asked the concierge at our hotel about it he responded by saying it was his favorite.
If I were in Waikiki Arancino would be one of my favorites too. The service was friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. This is a small restaurant and the atmosphere was similar to what we experienced in restaurants in Italy. I enjoyed a nice seafood spaghetti which featured a nice selection of shrimps, clams, mussels and calamari topped by a scampi in the shell. My wife has a Pizza Margherita which was perfectly executed.The menu features risotto and pasta dishes, pizza as well as soup and salads. There were no Secondi meat dishes at this location which was a pity.
We visited one other Italian restaurant while in Waikiki, Taromina, which I was also very impressed with. It would be difficult to choose between the two but based on our one visit to each I would have to give the Taromina a slight edge. Having said this I think Arancino was slightly less expensive for close to the same experience. Hey, don't just pick one, go to both.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We walked past this restaurant a couple of times at night and noticed how there was always a crowd waiting for a table.
One evening we decide to be patient and wait for a table and we were glad we did. The restaurant is quite small but has a wonderful atmosphere to it. It is cosy and decorated in an Italian theme. The staff are very friendly and make you feel at home.
As a main I had a seafood risotto which was amazing! So fresh and filled with a selection of fresh seafood such as mussels, prawn, clams and octopus. My husband had a vegetarian type spaghetti which he said was delicious.
Although not cheap compared to a lot of other local restaurants it is well worth a visit.

Been to Arancino? Share your experiences!